Job title: Lead D&A Program Specialist – 90216099 – Philadelphia
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Send me alerts every days
Send me alerts every days
Lead D&A Program Specialist – 90216099 – Philadelphia
Date: May 13, 2022
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US, 19104
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Drug and Alcohol Specialist provides direct support to the Sr. Mgr. Drug and Alcohol Program by assisting with the administration of the drug and alcohol program consistent with Amtrak’s objectives, policies and procedures and in accordance with all Federal laws and regulations. Provides expertise and guidance on Amtrak’s drug and alcohol compliance systems and processes. This position requires the Lead DAPS to assist with Field testing, by coordinating and being present at testing locations in areas that have identified a need for physical presence. This position also provides assistance with all administrative duties associated with the drug and alcohol department. This position is also serves as the Designated Employer Representative.
- Provides day-to-day administration of Amtrak’s Drug and Alcohol-Free testing program, to include 24/7 On-call services for guidance and assistance for drug and alcohol testing on a Bi-Weekly basis (based on the needs of the program), managing vendors, providing expert testimony for management and labor for violations and management training and overviews.
- Reports directly to testing locations to ensure that testing is being conducted in compliance with DOT testing
- Assist with developing and executing program audits and reports audit findings to senior leadership.
- Utilizes the drug and alcohol testing computer systems and possesses the ability to create and produce statistical reports and graphs from the current operating systems and provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Stays abreast of changes and trends within the Federal Regulations and transportation industries and possesses the ability to apply them to our employees in a vast amount of different scenarios
- Develops and executes program audits and reports audit findings to senior leadership.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or commensurate experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience with compliance programs, government regulations and reporting preferably drug and alcohol testing programs
- Knowledge of the federal drug and alcohol or other regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates skills using a computer-based spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel, Access), Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Substance Abuse Professionals (SAP), Medical Review Officers (MRO) preferable
- Experience in Medical/Health Care Administration and/or Clinical environment
- Experience in working in Transportation Industry
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 07:56:49 GMT
Click Here To Apply