Job title: Lead Mobile Crisis Specialist $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS
Job description: Job Title
Lead Mobile Crisis Specialist $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS
111 Elwyn Road, Media, Pennsylvania 19063
PRIMARY FUNCTION: As a member of the Mobile Assessment Team the Lead Mobile Crisis Specialist (LMCS) responds to mental health crises upon dispatch from the Delaware County Office of Behavioral Health Dispatch Specialist. This individual assists the Clinical Supervisor by reviewing designated clinical charts and responding to staff call outs to ensure continuous clinical coverage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on-call duties on a rotating basis, which include but are not limited to carrying an Elwyn-issued cell phone when on-call and responding to calls 24/7, responding to call outs to schedule staff to ensure continuous program coverage, and providing other general program administrative services and support in consultation with the clinical supervisor and clinical director
- Oversee program logistics, including but not limited to vehicle maintenance, ordering supplies, written resources (referral materials, provider brochures, paper assessment instruments, etc.), distribution of monthly County communications, etc.
- Oversee monthly mobile crisis scheduling to ensure coverage on all shifts on a rotating basis with other LMCS; approve time off requests for mobile crisis staff
- Review all clinical records for completeness and appropriateness, follow-up with appropriate staff to address and train on incomplete or inappropriate medical records, and identify medical records requiring additional clinical review and forward to Clinical Supervisor with comment and recommendations
- Unless a record requires additional clinical review by the clinical supervisor, initiate billing protocols for all assigned records by reviewing and approving as clinically appropriate
- Work with Director and Quality Assurance to track and report on quality assurance (QA) indicators, including but not limited to carrying out and documenting quality assurance activities for clinical review
- Provide information technology (IT) support to mobile team; collaborate with the IT department regarding technical issues and work to resolve the issues
- Ensure compliance with all required service contracts and adherence to all regulations, certification, and other approvals to ensure program quality and compliance
- Conduct program fire drills and building inspections and provide the appropriate documentation according to safety and regulatory standards
- Complete assessments for adults, adolescents, or children throughout Delaware County wherever crisis is occurring
- Review Warmline calls to identity key engagements with callers and forwarding those calls to the Clinical Director for clinical review and supervision
- Develop and secure appropriate services for individuals in crisis, including referrals to voluntary inpatient settings and applications for involuntary emergency examination and treatment under §302 of the Pennsylvania Mental Health Procedures Act 143 of 1976
- Work with individuals and their community supports to assess and de-escalate a crisis, which includes determining the level of care necessary to meet the individual’s needs, and developing alternatives to involuntary hospitalization through assessment, crisis planning, counseling, and coordination of community care linkages and discharge process; document all crisis service intervention activities in the electronic medical record
- Advocate for individuals served by communicating with outside agencies including, but not limited to Social Security, Department of Public Welfare, Delaware County Office of Behavioral Health, Delaware County Base Service Units, etc.to ensure receipt of services
- Interface with families of persons served and other interested parties to support provision of service
- Maintain communication with physician, psychiatrist, pharmacist, and other appropriate ancillary service providers such as speech therapy, physical therapy, and occupational therapy as relevant to providing emergent services
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team; maintain complete and accurate clinical records
- Assist the clinical supervisor and director to implement staff orientation and training
- Remain on duty until relieved
- Provide counseling, guidance, support, resources, and encouragement to persons served to take responsibility for and actively participate in their own recovery
- Increase awareness of and support participation in self-help programs and advocacy organizations that promote recovery by informing the individuals served of those resources as appropriate.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), first aid, and safe crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinical Supervisor
DIRECT REPORTS: None
CONTACTS: Individuals served and their families and caregivers, staff, general public, funding source representatives, program evaluation personnel, related professional agencies/social service agencies, community mental health centers and hospitals, advocacy groups, county and state government representatives, employers and other stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, rehabilitation, activity therapies, counseling, education, or related fields
- License in their field of study preferred
- Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC) or CAC-eligible status including at least two years drug and alcohol counseling experience preferred
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint Experience working with electronic medical records and interfacing with information technology around program support needs
- Flexibility to alter working hours as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent judgment with the ability to independently solve problems and make decisions with little or no need for direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needed changes or identify problem areas and take effective actions
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; report-writer experience preferred
- Experience using/knowledge of Electronic Health Record (EHR) / Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Maintain current certification/re-certification of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid and must be able to perform CPR, first aid, and safe crisis intervention using agency-trained protocols
- Must have current, valid driver’s license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience in the United States, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
111 Elwyn Road, Media, Pennsylvania 19063
Area of Interest
Crisis, Behavorial Health
Location: Media, PA
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 07:55:50 GMT
Click Here To Apply