Growing Law Office
We are a thriving law firm looking for a motivated team-player to join our pre-litigation team in the Myrtle Beach, SC area. The ideal candidate must have the ability to manage a large case load in a fast-paced environment.
As a Legal Assistant you are responsible for providing support to attorneys assisting with all aspects of personal injury and worker’s compensation law in South Carolina and Georgia. We encourage candidates with administrative and clerical experience to apply. We will provide on the job training!
- File Management including but not limited to Records Request, Notification of Representation to various providers
- Communicate about case updates with Clients, Insurance Carriers, Courts, and Medical Providers
- Communication with Attorney, Intakes (Meeting with potential clients) Screening Potential Clients
- Utilizing Outlook to schedule appointments
- Handling time sensitive deadlines, scanning documents, recording notes in computer file maintaining a computerized checklist,
- Reporting claims to insurance carriers, requesting checks, verifying balances with providers, submitting medicals to insurance carriers,
- Drafting settlement documents
- Opening case files, breaking down files, and closing files
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years experience in a similar administrative role, preferably as a legal assistant or case manager
- Experience using a case management system, preferably Needles or Litify
- Strong Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to manage a large caseload in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
Office hours: 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday
Full benefits offered: Paid holidays, paid time off, health, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, a competitive 401k match, and more!
Pay is based off of experience.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location