Job title: Licensed Practical Nurse – Mt Lebanon, PA (Full-Time, Part-Time & Casual)
Job description: Description
Located in Mt. Lebanon PA, Asbury Heights staff is dedicated to improving the lives of older adults through high-quality and compassionate care.
We are hiring Full-Time, Part-Time & Casual!
***Experienced (1 year) LPNs hired into a Full-Time position may be eligible for a $7,500 Sign-On Bonus with a two year work comittment. Please apply for more details.***
- Provides basic psychosocial support and counseling.
- Collaborates with physician and care team to ensure quality resident care.
- Reports and records all changes observed in condition or behavior of residents in accordance with documentation practices and policies.
- Complies with established medication use policies, safety policies and procedures including standard infection control practices.
- Oversees care given by Certified Nursing Assistants to ensure adequate and timely care is provided
- Complies with established medication use policies.
- Observes and records resident’s symptoms, condition, and/or reactions to medications and treatments and reports results to the RN in charge.
- Gives injections, takes vital signs, performs basic diagnostic tests, observes residents, dresses wounds, administers medication.
- Provide IV therapy as permitted by policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively with residents and families about care concerns. Instructs and demonstrates care.
- Discusses any resident of family concerns with RN in charge, so that issue can be appropriately addressed..
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework of Relationship Based Care, using the nursing process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in documentation.
Completion of a Practical Nursing Program approved by the State Board of Nursing
Long Term Care Experience Preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current licensure as a practical nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Act 34
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Expected salary: $17.35 – 25.84 per hour
Location: Mount Lebanon, PA
Job date: Sat, 14 May 2022 07:50:32 GMT
Click Here To Apply