Strom Law Firm
Strom Law Firm is a small business in Columbia, SC 29204. We are customer-centric and autonomous.
Our work environment includes:
- Company perks
- Casual work attire
Strom Law Firm, LLC is eagerly prospecting for an experienced, self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic for a full-time litigation paralegal position. We strive to provide exceptional legal services and community outreach initiatives to create a harmonious, healthy, fun and exciting work environment for our clients and staff.
Skills and Abilities
Position requires experience in the areas of civil litigation and personal injury. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, be self-motivated with excellent client service skills and have the ability to communicate with courts, clients and attorneys. Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Candidate should be highly organized and prepared to take initiative on assigned caseload.
What we ask you to do: To work with us, you must be able to:
- Communicate effectively with clients and respond promptly to client requests for service and assistance.
- Obtain and manage client documents, including electronic data.
- Review and draft routine correspondence, pleadings, discovery, deposition notices, subpoenas and other legal documents.
- Identify and prepare all documents for production including bates labeling and redacting for privileged and confidential information.
- Assist with trial preparation including managing exhibits, witness lists, files and subpoenas, coordinate and attend witness prep meetings, assist at trial.
- Create and maintain case files.
- Perform weekly roster searches.
- Assist with preparation and handle electronic filing of pleadings and discovery in federal and state court cases.
- Maintain attorney calendar and deadlines by keeping organized schedules and providing timely reminders.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy of vendor invoices and timely submits to office manager for processing.
Our requirements are straightforward. To qualify, you must:
- Been employed for five or more years in a paralegal position and have three years of litigation experience.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree and a certificate from an ABA approved paralegal program.
- Meet all your deadlines and do what you say you are going to do.
- Consider yourself a team player with exemplary work ethic.
- Be consistently at work and on time and ensure work.
Job Perks. Who wouldn’t like these extras?
- Our offices are located in Barrister Hall, a newly renovated, modern workspace providing state-of-the art AV capabilities, well-appointed conference rooms, fitness center, and features Gavel & Bench, a community gathering space for seminars, events and other firm social gatherings. Check out our space at www.barrister-hall.com.
- Firmwide employee incentive initiatives.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous PTO package.
- 401k plan with company safe harbor match (free money!)
- Company funded Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Package.
- Wellness Initiatives.
Why you should work here. Why would you not want to work here?
- We pride ourselves establishing long-standing client relationships and we strive to achieve the best possible outcome for all of our clients.
- You will work for a company who strives to be a leader in the legal industry and who is constantly working to improve the company work environment and culture.
- You will grow personally and professionally. We take every measure to ensure our team members thrive.
- Our core values mandate that we care about each other, do A+ quality work every time, establish an excellent reputation, work hard and are dedicated to winning and do it better today than yesterday.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person