Job title: LPN Ambulatory – Pediatrics-Hattiesburg
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00023086
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Children’s Ambulatory Gulf Coast
Location/s: Children’s of MS Hattiesburg
Job Title: LPN Ambulatory – Pediatrics-Hattiesburg
Job Summary: Assists in providing direct care to assigned patients. Administers and monitors treatments in accordance with current treatment plan or as directly by the supervisor. Performs work that reflects substantial variety and moderate complexity. Practices in expanded role of IV therapy in accordance with state regulations if required by the clinical area. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Education & Experience
Graduate of LPN/LVN program approved by the Mississippi Board of Nursing. LPN certified in IV therapy, if required by the clinical area. Certifications, licenses or registration required: valid LPN license; LPN certified in IV therapy, if required by clinical area. PALS within 90 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of patient care procedures and protocols. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems tools and programs. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Assists with patient care by executing and administering treatments and procedures directed by supervisor.
- Reports to supervisor and other staff any patient issues and concerns.
- Maintains accurate patient records (e.g. charts, schedules, procedures, medication /treatment history, etc.)
- Educates patients and family members in accordance with established plan of care.
- Functions in expanded role of IV therapy in accordance with regulatory standards, if required by clinical area.
- Serves on at least one nursing council, hospital, or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care or work area demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to bio-hazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, frequent lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, frequent climbing, frequent crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, constant pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, constant twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 08/3/2022
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 07:42:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply