Job title: Mainline Sports Bar Chef
Company: Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort
Job description: Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Oaklawn Team. We have an extraordinary legacy. We are a family with strong core values, providing a new level of excitement for our guests and Team Members as we aspire to be Arkansas’ Employer of Choice.
We are currently seeking a talented individual to become the Mainline Sports Bar Chef. An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Mainline Sports Bar Chef is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the daily operations of the Mainline Sports Bar kitchen, and provides leadership and direction to kitchen personnel including all cooks and dishwashers. Ensures that all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet the Mainline Sports Bar specifications and quality. Always presents a friendly and professional image at Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort. The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- Provides impeccable guest service to all guests
- Oversees all food storage preparation and production
- Ensures that the proper amounts of food have been prepared in accordance with the production sheets.
- Trains all line cook employees the skills required of their specific position, including but not limited to: the use and care of the equipment, the use of knives and other culinary tools.
- Supervises the production, preparation and presentation of all foods for the casino food outlets to ensure the quality, appearance and consistency of the product.
- Establishes and enforces nutrition and sanitation standards of cafeteria, kitchen, and related work areas.
- Supervises methods of food preparation and cooking, portion size, and garnishing to ensure food is prepared in a prescribed manner and cost control measures are followed. Tests cooked foods through taste and smell and overall appearance.
- Verifies that kitchen staff follows all recipes and portion servings correctly.
- Ensures that kitchen, dish, and storage areas are clean and organized.
- Places food and supply orders as needed.
- Receives orders and verifies invoices and ensures quality and freshness of merchandise.
- Assists in the creation and planning of menus and ensures current guest satisfaction.
- Ensures optimum staffing levels by coordinating the schedules of the staff.
- Maintains a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen.
- Ensures that all recipes, food preparations and presentations meet restaurant specifications and commitment to quality.
- Achieves financial objectives by monitoring labor and food costs to budgetary requirements.
- Ensures Mainline Sports Bar kitchen functions are executed according to gaming, health, sanitation regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Instrumental in organizing an efficient flow of production. Checks all daily events, delegates and follows up.
- Maintains menus and food quality up to standards.
- Ensures the cooks prepare a variety of foods in quantities according to the menu and number of patrons to be served.
- Directs activities to one or more workers assisting with preparing and serving meals.
- Completes required daily financial tools and reports.
- Follows established procedures and policies of the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or related field required.
- Minimum of two years culinary cooking experience or six years culinary cooking experience in a multiple food venue environment required.
- Three years in a supervisory capacity.
- High volume cooking experience required.
- Strong knowledge of back of the house operations including foods, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety
- Must be able to handle several projects and tasks at the same time.
- Must be able to perform the physical job duties of all Food & Beverage team members.
- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
This job may or may not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Determines recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Determines work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Responsible for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, counseling).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arkansas Racing License.
Must be ServSafe certified.
Must be RSA (Responsible Service of Alcohol) certified.
OAKLAWN RACING CASINO RESORT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
It is Oaklawn’s intent to provide a drug-free, healthy, safe and secure environment for our Team Members. All applicants must complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Location: Hot Springs, AR
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 06:20:09 GMT
Click Here To Apply