The Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the safe, efficient, and cost-effective completion of all maintenance projects in the mill during regular (both runtime and shut down) and annual maintenance days.
What you’ll do:
- Convert “approved” work requests into work orders
- Assist as required with daily work request review
- Identify required parts for planned jobs
- Arrange “pre-scheduled” contractors and assure that contractors meet requirements for qualifications such as confined space, etc.
- Facilitate the creation of “Job Plans” including the required:
- “Walk down” critical jobs
- Create Standard tasks
- Update PMs in the CMMS
- Manage the PM schedule
- Gather input and facilitates shutdown and weekly work schedules to lock down stage
- Facilitate backlog reviews
- Verify parts are in the system prior to shutdowns
- Responsible for the planning of daily maintenance operations in the mill.
- Track and report on capital projects costs and status on a regular basis, i.e. monthly, or as required.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Education and Experience you will need:
- 5+ years of experience with master data in an operations role, ideally within a heavy manufacturing industry
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and technically proficient with all MS Office tools
- Must have a general knowledge of industrial parts and equipment
- Associate’s degree in a technical field with experience in Maintenance Planning
- Ability to be proactive with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment that is continually changing
- Excellent communication, organization, planning, project coordination, time management, analytical, problem solving, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in a diverse workgroup
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in wood products/lumber industry
- Familiarity with a CMMS (SAP/Maximo/etc.) functionality and ability to understand system work flows
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
Benefits starting Day 1
A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
401k with company match plus an additional retirement contribution
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge, and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is a diversified wood products company producing lumber, OSB, LVL, MDF, plywood, pulp, newsprint, wood chips, and energy with over 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, and Europe. We are the largest lumber producer in North America, a leading global manufacturer of wood-based panels, and the world’s largest producer of oriented strand board (OSB).
We are a growing company, believe strongly in promoting from within, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging environment with continuous development. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug-Free Workplace