Manager – Database Technology (Job Number: 2218208 )
Datastore Technologies Manager (Manager – Database Technology) will be a part of the enterprise data platform team. They will assess, select, implement, and operationalize all of Penske’s data store technologies and play a significant role in the various digital transformation programs, such as Connected Fleet solutions, IoT, and the modernization of legacy systems. In this role, the Manager will also support Penske’s AI and ML implementations as part of the new and existing programs.
We are looking for someone with good managerial skills and hands-on knowledge of Cloud, databases, security, networking, system administration, and agile deployment strategies. The Manager will develop plans and road map for patching, security, audit, capacity, products, and future enhancements and ensure that they are aligned with the business priorities and budgets. The ideal candidate is passionate about data and data store technologies and leverages them to drive solutions that bring stability to our platform and enable our development teams to move more quickly.
This is a hybrid position where the associate is expected to work both in the office and remote, as determined by the manager and department. This position can work out of either Reading, PA or Tampa, FL. Relocation assistance will be provided if needed.
- Manages the core and offshore database platform teams for the data stores implemented on-premise and on the Cloud
- Supports teams that provide development and production data stores support for critical applications across various vendor-provided and in-house developed applications, both on the cloud and on the premise
- Critically involved in our expansion of the AWS cloud platform at Penske
- Provides an efficient and performant data tier that will supply reliable and consistent data to our internal and external customers
- Provides standards and best practices on datastore usage across the enterprise and partners with our internal Data Engineering, Data Integration, and Cloud teams
- Understands data modeling and data engineering solutions to offer a data platform as a service to our internal and external customer
- Balances technical leadership and people management skills while empowering the team to deliver best-in-class operational support and data solutions
- Partner with the various stakeholders and teams
- Supporting team growth and development as a whole and individually
- Participate in an architecture review board with data architects, infrastructure architects, and application architects to architect and design end-to-end solutions
- Provide technical guidance for integration, testing, design, development, and planning of new major, large-scale production systems/databases
- Perform short and long-term system/database/data storage planning and analysis
- Take the lead to recommend fit-for-purpose data stores to all the new projects implementations
- Create run books and recommendations knowledge base related to data storage technologies
- Integrate/collaborate with application development and support teams on various IT projects
- Contribute to improving and creating Data Storage policies, procedures, and standards, as well as documenting the current data storage landscape
- 10 years of DBA and Database management experience preferred
- 2 years of Management experience
- 2 years of hands-on public cloud experience
- 2 Project management, ITIL, and operational support
- 5 years of experience in MySQL, Oracle, and PostgreSQL, Greenplum/Hadoop, NoSQL database technologies
- 2 years of experience with SQL, Data Modeling
- Must have a solid knowledge of current Cloud Database services (RDS on AWS), S3, and in-memory cache storage such as Gemfire
- Must have understating of Data Warehouse, Data Lake, transactional applications on various data store technologies
- Must have a thorough understanding of security practices such as LDAP, SSL, SSO, and certificate management.
- Have an in-depth understanding of KPIs related to Service Level Agreements
- Lead a platform team of full-time associates and offshore DBAs across multiple work streams simultaneously
- Provide technical and operational excellence for our services
- Experience using cloud technologies and tools such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Configuration Management, and Provisioning Automation to rapidly increase technical agility and reduce delivery of services and time to market from days to time minutes
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more. #DICE
Work Locations :
100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Information Technology
Req ID: 2218208