University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Manager – Research Operations – Pediatrics
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00029247
Job Category: Research (Non-Faculty Only)
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Manager – Research Operations – Pediatrics
Job Summary: Provide overall day-to-day management and administration of research grant / contract program operations. This will include working with the principal investigators to manage all financial administrative, personnel, property and facilities, compliance with human subjects, institutional and granting agency security and other requirements, associations with sponsoring agencies and collaborating institutions, and all other aspects of assuring that deliverables are completed within the financial and time constraints of the awards and that all deliverables are met per the specifications of the grant/contract. Also included is the coordination with the principal investigator in the preparation of all grant/contract proposals and reports submitted to the national institutes of health and other sponsors.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree plus six years of related experience or equivalent combination of education/experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: NA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of grant/contract administration and regulatory requirements. Skill in applying regulatory guidelines and using strategic planning/management principles to identify and solve problems. Skill in use of personal computers and related software applications, particularly excel, access, and/or project management systems such as Share point or project server. Verbal and written communication. Interpersonal and leadership skills and coordination of people and resources.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive and current project management system to track and record all project and operational tasks for all study teams related to all elements of the research grant/contract study activities. Track all deliverables per specification of the funding source.
- Develop and maintain budget and budget comparison systems for each research grant/contract. Monitor current and project future expenditures. Recommend to the PI changes in the allocation of resources so that budgetary goals are met.
- Complete (not including the scientific sections) and submit research grant/contract proposals to the national institutes of health and other funding sources. Included are detailed budgets, fiscal plans, description of resources and environments for carrying out the project, small business plans and policies, and itemized budget justification for all the periods of performance.
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, other research sites, and the national institutes of health regarding proposals, financial issues, compliance issues, and all relevant UMMC business and legal policies related to the conduct of NIH funded grants and contracts.
- Prepare contracts for contractors, subcontractors, and consultants for work to be completed on federal grants and contracts. Monitor the related expenditures and make recommendations to the pi for changes in the contracts. Participate in negotiations for contracts for external funding. Prepare and implement all contract agreements, amendments, and modifications in consultation with institutional business/contracts administrators.
- Complete, approve, and track all purchase requisitions for purchases and service orders as well as all invoices from federal grants, contracts, and subcontractors. Approve all equipment, supply, and software purchases from research funds.
- Manage all elements of property, facilities, and operations including inventory, space acquisition, security and maintenance, utilization, telecommunications and information technology, and resources.
- Develops and conducts training in research operations and compliance for grant/contract personnel.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates the work activities of subordinates. Maintain and approve employee time and leave records. Provide supervision for all support staff and on all fiscal and contract policy matters for administrative staff. Ensures that employees are compliant with applicable policies and procedures.
- Monitor the scheduling of personnel working on research studies and make related recommendations to the principal investigator. Complete the personnel actions resulting from the decisions.
- Liaises with external and internal constituencies. Manages, reviews, analyzes, and recommends financial and administrative status of research grant/contract to principal investigator and other members of the senior research team on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: Yes
Pay Class: Salary
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 05/18/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sat, 20 May 2023 07:18:56 GMT
Click Here To Apply