Arranges and accelerates flow of materials, parts, assemblies, and other materials per schedules of priorities, and compiles and keeps manual or computerized records.
This position will be afternoon shift (3:30pm-12am), but will train for the first month on first shift (6:30am-3pm)
- Checks schedules and related information and confers with others to determine requirements to identify all material needs and to track status of materials.
- Printing of job routings per priorities and material availability.
- Arranges transfer of materials to meet schedules.
- Works with operations to schedule material per delivery dates.
- Computes amount of material required to complete jobs.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory in-process reports, and status and location of materials.
- Attends and participates in weekly production control meetings.
- Works closely with Supply Chain team in the spirit of continues improvement, participating on kaizens and projects.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Education, Credentials and Previous Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Materials/Operations
Technical Depth and Breadth:
- Basic computer skills
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Able to follow written/verbal instructions and directions in English
- Learns and maintains required skill and proficiency to successfully accomplish full job responsibilities; willingly takes on new assignments and cross trains in other areas
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.40 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Madison, MS 39110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Materials/Operations: 2 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location