Job title: Maternal Child/OB Clinical Faculty (part-time) Illinois and Indiana Clinical Sites
Company: Chamberlain University
Job description: Responsibilities
In this role, the clinical instructor:
- Implements the
, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching, and service to the College, community, health system and profession. * Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- Makes self-available to staff at the agencies.
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to student on level of performance based on course objectives.
- Is available for remediation of students as required or needed.
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel.
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with student’s knowledge base, skill competency and individual learning needs.
- Corrects and returns homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and the College.
- May teach didactic course content under supervision of course coordinator.
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns.
- Works with college administration, staff and other faculty members to improve the overall operation of the college and student satisfaction rates.
- Participates in the implementation of the College Assessment Program, campus retention efforts, and both departmental and campus policies.
- Serves as a professional role model for other faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, dress, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Utilizes relationship skills in situations requiring group problem solving, consensus building, and win-win negotiation.
- Complies with applicable regulatory rules and standards.
- Reports to dean, assistant dean, or course coordinator.
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
- A master’s or doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An unencumbered professional Illinois nursing license is required
- An unencumbered professional Indiana nursing license is preferred
- At least two years professional experience within last five years in the area of Maternal Child/OB as a registered nurse
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
As an organization dedicated to educating the healthcare leaders of tomorrow and empowering members to make inspiring contributions to our global community, we know that it is our responsibility to lead by example and continue minimizing the risks of spreading COVID-19. Employment at Adtalem and/or its subsidiaries requires compliance with the organization’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, province/state, and/or local area. All employees in areas of the world that permit mandatory COVID-19 vaccination are required to be fully vaccinated within 60 days of their date of hire unless they receive an exemption from Adtalem’s HR Coaching Resource Center because of issues such as access or an approved medical or religious accommodation.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at .
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, to visit our Diversity page.
Location: Indiana – Tinley Park, IL
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:46:15 GMT
Click Here To Apply