The Beaufort County School District
Job title: Math Interventionist
Company: The Beaufort County School District
Job description: POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for supporting the school-wide literacy/math programs and for providing instruction to students in small and large group settings. The Interventionist uses research and best practices in the teaching of reading, writing, listening, and speaking across the content areas and works directly with students to improve their literacy levels. The Interventionist works with colleagues to identify students who are in need of instructional support.
- Uses research-based instruction and data to develop instructional support and progress monitoring plan for students.
- Provides research based reading interventions(MTSS) to students who need support.
- Attends the ongoing professional development provided by the school and district.
- Attends required meetings in current research and practices.
- Uses student assessment data to guide instruction.
- Plans student interventions with teachers and Instructional Coaches.
- Provides intervention and support directly to students reading below grade level.
- Uses best and effective practices in daily instruction of students.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal, Superintendent or other district office administrator as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must have a valid South Carolina teaching or be able to obtain one within 60 days from being hired.
- Must be Highly Qualified in the content area of reading or be able to become Highly Qualified in the content area of reading within 60 days from being hired.
- Must have completed a program of study in education from an accredited college or university.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall: * Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, technology equipment, computers, and/or controls.
WORK PLACE EXPECTATIONS: * Work effectively with and respond to diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Demonstrate professionalism and appropriate judgment in behavior, speech, and dress in a neat, clean and professional manner for the assignment and work setting.
- Have regular and punctual attendance.
- Follow all District policies, work procedures, and reasonable requests by the proper authorities.
- As an employee of Beaufort County School District, I am to adhere to confidentiality as directed by Federal, State and Local Laws/Regulations; and in accordance with district administrative rules as it pertains to sensitive information, employee information and student information. Failure to adhere to confidentiality may result in disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment.
REPORTS TO: Principal
DAYS PER YEAR: 190
SALARY CLASSIFICATION: Paid on the Certified Personnel Salary Schedule
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Certified
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Must apply online by completing an “Certified” application and adding this specific job to your online application.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYEE’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT STATEMENT:
1. I have reviewed the above position description and understand its contents.
2. I am aware that my position description may be revised or updated at any time and once notified of changes, I remain responsible for knowledge of its contents.
3. I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodation(s). If I require accommodation(s) in order to fulfill any or all of these functions, I agree to provide information to the District regarding the requested accommodation(s).
Employee’s Name (Print):
THE BEAUFORT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Job date: Sat, 27 May 2023 04:11:28 GMT
Click Here To Apply