Job title: Mechanical Specialist
Company: Kinder Morgan
Job description: Mechanical Specialist
Job ID #: 25190 Location: MS-HEIDELBERG
Functional Area: Misc./Trades Position Type: Full Time
Experience Required: 1 – 3 Years Relocation Provided: No
Education Required: GED
RC/Department: 5605 -GPL-C-HEIDELBERG MECH SRVS :KMPL
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our terminals store and handle petroleum products, chemicals and other products.
Kinder Morgan is committed to being a good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees, contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to perform better than our industry peers relative to environmental, health and safety measures.
The Mechanic Specialist position can be based out of Kinder Morgan’s Tennessee Gas Pipeline (TGP) location in Heidelberg, Mississippi. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off.
To be considered for our Mechanic Specialist job click on Apply Now to sign in or create an account to upload your resume. This is a great opportunity if you have experience performing maintenance and overhauls on compressors, reciprocating engines, turbines, pumps, and extruders from various manufacturers including Caterpillar, Ingersoll Rand, Clark Cooper Bessemer, and Solar or if you have similar experience working in Refinery, Manufacturing, Railroad or Pipeline industries or while serving our country in the Military.
This position is responsible for the maintenance inspections of reciprocating engines and compressors, and auxiliary plant equipment. Troubleshooting and overhaul of Solar gas turbines, centrifugal gas compressors. The regular work schedule for a Mechanic Specialist is four ten hour days per week working within a maintenance group, which requires frequent travel. The position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends and requires a strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to troubleshoot and repair various types of mechanical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform heavy mechanical maintenance and replacement of reciprocating and turbine engines and compressors, including prime movers and auxiliary units.
- Report to a Crew Leader to ensure consistency in maintenance practices and detailed computer documentation.
- Assess the condition of engine and compressor components and perform the required maintenance based on company standards and original manufacturer’s specifications.
- Identify, report, and assist in correcting safety and environmental concerns.
- Complete appropriate documentation and paperwork timely and accurately.
- Perform all work in compliance with company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of performance.
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Follow all safety policies so that tasks and assignments are completed in a safe and environmentally responsible manner, with an emphasis on finishing each day injury and incident free.
Our Mechanical Specialists come to Kinder Morgan from a variety of backgrounds, job titles, Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) and Career Management Fields (CMF). Many of our employees are Veterans who transitioned from Active Duty or currently serve in the Reserves. So whether you received your training while serving our Country in the military or while working in the private sector we encourage you to consider continuing your career as a Mechanical Specialist with Kinder Morgan.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after regular business hours including after dark hours, which may require carrying a communication device.
- Knowledge of compressor, pump stations, gas treatment, storage facilities, process plant, gather transmission, pipeline system operations.
- Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess a valid driver’s license and meet company insurability requirements
- May be required to possess a commercial driver’s license, drive a company commercial vehicle and comply with all commercial vehicle regulations
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Applicant must be able to operate hand, pneumatic and hydraulic tools.
- Proficient with micrometers and precision measuring equipment.
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
- Available for shift work when applicable.
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to speak and understand English.
Physical Demands Must be able to:
- Withstand and work in extreme weather conditions
- Frequently enter confined spaces
- Lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Frequently climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells while carrying up to 50 pounds and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
- The regular work schedule is four ten hour days per week.
- The position requires the ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- May work in low-lit areas
- Work requirements include; good dexterity and mobility to function in climbing, bending, kneeling, working with hands extended above the head, twisting of the upper body, standing for long periods of time, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions and lifting.
- The position requires the operation of a company vehicle.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned. Job level will be commensurate with experience and skill sets. The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Heidelberg, MS
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 07:37:57 GMT
Click Here To Apply