Job title: Medical Assistant-Primary Care-Riley Pediatrics-Carmel **Graduation from MA program required
Company: Indiana University Health
Job description: Job Description:
We are looking for team members who are passionate about challenging and significant work for the good of every patient.
We are searching for individuals who are compassionate, serve with a purpose, are dedicated to supporting their team, and who seek excellence every day.
Sound like a perfect match?
Apply NOW! – we can’t wait to hear from you!
Under the supervision of the designated supervisor and assigned physician, performs duties associated with direct patient care and clinical direction to provide patient care given in accordance with the organization standards. Assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, assures smooth patient flow, performs general lab work, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders and referrals are carried out accurately and in a timely manner. Performs registration and scheduling activities per organizational and departmental procedures. Maintains EMR files and performs general front office functions as needed. May perform computerized physician order entry, only if directed by assigned physician. May precept current MA team members or MA Externs as requested by leadership.
- AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification required. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program required.
- Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA required.
- TB validated (to administer or read) or validation obtained within 6 months of hire may be required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Unit Quality Programs, Meaningful Use and Standard Work Programs and concepts within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and third-party payers.
- Ability to master standard clinical competencies per current Clinical policy, Point of Care and Skills Competency checklists.
- Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry skills
- Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we’re home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
- Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
- A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
- With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
- At Indiana University Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
- Indiana University Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
About the Team: Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We’re looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Location: Carmel, IN
Job date: Sat, 14 May 2022 07:54:57 GMT
Click Here To Apply