Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
About this role:
Our Medical Records Clerk is a qualified clerical person, responsible and accountable for the maintenance of health records. In this capacity, the employee organizes and maintains an approved system of records.
What you bring to the table:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Training in an accredited medical record program or minimum of one (1) year experience in an established medical record system preferred, but not mandatory
- None required
What you will do:
- Ensures confidentiality of all medical records information and completes forms for release of information. Refers to Medical Records Supervisor / H.S.A. any requests of questionable nature.
- Ensures all medical records filing is up to date.
- Performs Clerical/Technical duties: Pull and file medical records daily as needed. Prepare and type reports/correspondence as requested by supervisors. Answer telephone, relay messages, and transfer calls as appropriate. File loose documentation generated from inside and outside the institution such as laboratory reports, radiology results, completed consultant reports, medication administration records, etc. Schedule patients for medical appointments as requested.
- Assist Medical Records Supervisor in preparing periodic statistical reports and other management information system requirements.
- Promotes Quality Improvement standards by actively participating in the quality of care screen audits.
- Abides by the security regulations of the assigned facility.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here https://wellpathcareers.com/