Position: Operations Representative
Department: Health Information Management
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
**Hourly wages plus potential of earning up to $100 monthly bonus after first 90 days of employment**
Overview of Position
The Operations Representative is responsible for filing electronic medical documents in patient charts. This position will also process incoming faxes and scanned documents efficiently and accurately according to the client’s criteria. High attention to detail is critical to maintain the integrity of this information.
In addition to demonstrating ScanSTAT Technologies values applicable to all positions, an Operations Representative is responsible for the following:
Duties and Tasks:
- Place documents in patient charts according to protocols; route documents to clients’ clinical staff as needed for review
- Navigate clients’ electronic health records (EHR) software comfortably
- Assess volume of incoming faxes or scanned documents presented for the day
- Ability to handle high volumes with high accuracy rate
- Follow pre-defined filing processes, refer to company internal documentation, and find resources to make decisions to file the document
- Understand and efficiently utilize assigned clients’ protocols and Service Level Agreement
- Track and log time and document transaction totals daily
- Attain and maintain standard documents filed per hour per EHR
- Intermediate computer comprehension
- Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business and follow HIPAA guidelines and procedures; report all HIPAA violations, maintain good HIPAA practices
- Check audit log and communicate with auditors and supervisors
- Attend bi-weekly conference calls for on-going training
- Study and continually reference internal documentation and protocols
- Complete all assignments daily for each client
- Report to upper management surplus/decline in volumes and technical issues preventing job completion
- Understand and comply with company/client agreed compliance standards
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- HS Diploma or equivalency
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred
- Experience in a healthcare setting (Physician Office, Hospital, etc.)
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to distinguish differences in medical documentation
- Extensive knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within health information management is a plus, but not required
- Employee should have intermediate skills with computers, including Microsoft Office Suite, the use of multiple monitors, and have the ability to learn and adapt to all company-specific software
- Expected to navigate efficiently through multiple windows and applications running concurrently
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Detail oriented
- Understand that this role requires specific responsibilities for protecting sensitive data
- Other duties as assigned
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
This job will be on our client site and requires familiarity with standard office equipment such as computers and phones.
All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Their written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company.
ScanSTAT Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.