Job title: Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician/Night Shift/Sign On Bonus
Company: Riverview Hospital
Job description: Riverview Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer located throughout Hamilton County, Indiana.
Job Description and Responsibilities
At Riverview Health, we focus on improving the healthcare experience for those we serve, including our employees. Although Riverview Health is Noblesville’s largest employer and one of Hamilton County’s ten largest employers with a staff of more than 1,300, we provide a close-knit work environment where everyone feels like an invaluable member of the team. We do this by creating a culture that’s supportive, positive and empowering.
At Riverview Health, the Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician performs various assessments used in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. They conduct medical tests and analyze samples, such as tissues or body fluids, to provide information to physicians and other health care providers.
Medical Technologist and/or Laboratory Technician Job Functions
- Evaluate specimen adequacy before test performance, including specimen labeling, condition and document specimen integrity in LIS when appropriate
- Perform assigned and permitted testing according to standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to the laboratory quality control policies and procedures, perform appropriate daily quality control, troubleshoot and initiate resolution to quality control problems, and document all quality control activities
- Perform instrument maintenance according to established schedule and document maintenance activities
- Correlate data and monitor test performance and results for reasonableness. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications, including clinician notification and instrument troubleshooting
- Recognize critical test results, notify the appropriate clinician and document notification
- Proactively investigate the status of all pending, delayed or recollected specimens and communicate pending tests to coworkers before taking breaks and before end of shift
- Perform proficiency testing according to standard operating procedures
- Assist in maintaining adequate supply inventory and follow laboratory policies and procedures on optimal supply use and storage requirements
Riverview Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer located throughout Hamilton County, Indiana.
- Minimum Required: Associate Degree with 12 credit hours total (6 Biology and 6 Chemistry) and at least 3 years full-time clinical laboratory experience. Employee must meet the requirements of Moderate and High Complexity Testing Personnel under Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act ’88 (CLIA)
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from an accredited college or university, with completion of a NAACLS Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science program.
- Minimum Required: General or specific technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology, Serology, Urinalysis and/or Transfusion Medicine
- Preferred: Two (2) years experience in the above areas
- Minimum Required: MLT or MT or MLS (American Society of Clinical Pathologists) within six (6) months of hire into the position
Location: Noblesville, IN
Job date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:55:46 GMT
Click Here To Apply