Job title: Mental Health Professional II Kirkland Correctional Inst, Columbia (RICHLAND) L3
Company: State of South Carolina
- Provides mental health assessments and treatment recommendations for referred inmates.
- Maintains accurate documentation.
- Conducts Individual counseling for inmates on caseload.
- Conducts group counseling for specified inmates.
- Provides regular feedback to mental health, medical and security staff on referred inmates.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Provides crisis intervention as requested by mental health and/or medical staff.
- Participates in the on-call pool to provide after hour coverage to the institution.
- Provides discharge planning for identified inmates.
- Provides other duties related to SCDC and the division of behavioral/ mental health.
Must successfully complete eight (8) week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in Human Services or Social Services Programs.
SCDC Minimum Requirements: (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
A minimum of a master’s degree in a mental health related field (i.e., social work or counseling) and a license to practice as an LMSW or LPC-A is required or two (2) years of additional experience in a mental health/social service setting post licensure and a license as a LPC, LISW, or LPC-S is preferred. Will consider applicants who have passed professional licensure exam and can provide a copy of the documentation.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education.
Expected salary: $51689 – 55996 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 07:32:26 GMT
Click Here To Apply