Adelphoi Village Inc 3.2★
Mental Health Therapist in Westmoreland County.
$50,000 – $58,000 a year
Paid health insurance
Dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Annual performance bonuses
Supervision licensure hours
Student loan forgiveness
Mileage at IRS rate
Paid time off
Starting salary listed above is based on experience. Annual Performance Bonuses/Increases added to salary.
Do you have a passion for working with children and families? Adelphoi is looking for a compassionate, dedicated Mental Health Therapist in Westmoreland County.
Adelphoi is a nonprofit agency dedicated to children, youth, and families for over 50 years. We are the largest Pa provider of Multisystemic Therapy, an internationally recognized evidence-based treatment model, supporting youth (ages 10-17) and families through this model for over 23 years.
Adelphoi MST values team members by providing the necessary tools to be successful:
- Strong clinical support – continuous opportunities to learn and strengthen skills
- Structured training and ongoing guidance
- Clinical and leadership development; weekly team supervision and individual support
- Program culture of seeking input and feedback from team members
- Problem-solving together
- Consistent outlook toward enhancing roles and processes
- Yearly performance-based bonuses and increases
- Promotion opportunities within the therapist role and above
- Small caseloads of 4-6
- Ability to schedule independently with families to meet identified needs
- Supervisors and leadership roles with direct MST Therapist experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct clinical treatment using the MST treatment model and principles. Principles include leveraging strengths, understanding sequences of behavior, increasing responsibility, generalization, etc.
- Conduct a thorough assessment of the client and family: gather information on behaviors of concern and strengths in the family and ecology to inform conceptualization of the problem behaviors.
- Engage parents/guardians and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment.
- Provide education, coaching, and training to parents/guardians.
- Facilitate collateral contacts with representatives from schools, agencies, and other community organizations on behalf of youth and families, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Model effective self-advocacy and assertive communication skills.
- Dedicate time to weekly case planning and evaluation of case progress, with ongoing support from the supervisor and team members.
- Link families with resources available in the community.
- Work collaboratively with a team of fellow MST professionals
- Participate in clinical supervision, team meetings, case consultations, training, and quality assurance steps.
- Receive regular training professional development, supervision and consultation to help determine next steps with each family.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or Therapy concentration, Psychology, or social service major.
- Prior experience in family and youth therapies using cognitive and behavioral approaches is preferred.
- Requires current FBI and Act 33 and 34 clearances (assistance provided by agency to obtain).
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and clearances.
Adelphoi is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer