Job title: Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Engineer
Job description: Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Engineer
Company: The Boeing Company
Job ID: 00000334464
Date Posted: 2022-08-04-07:00
Location: USA – North Charleston, SC
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, our employees share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Propulsion South Carolina (PSC) team within Boeing Commercial Aircraft is seeking an Mid-Level Equipment & Tool Engineer in North Charleston, SC. The PSC Equipment & Tool Engineering team is an organization of highly skilled women and men responsible for designing, analyzing and modifying aerospace manufacturing equipment and tooling to support production of nacelle structures including the 737MAX inlet, B-52 commercial engine replacement program nacelle, 787 engine build up, and future nacelle production systems.
The PSC organization is the Boeing center of excellence for design and build of nacelle structures. We support numerous Boeing models across all phases of the lifecycle from technology development to developmental programs to sustaining production to maintenance, repair & overhaul. These models include program the 737MAX, 777X, 787, the B-52 Engine Replacement, and new airplanes and technologies in development.
A successful candidate in this role will have passion, creativity, and an insatiable desire for process improvement and efficiency. They will also have a strong desire to be out in the factory, interacting with mechanics and other engineers, directly supporting the production system. In Production Engineering, we need highly responsible professionals committed to upholding the highest standards of safety, quality, and integrity.
- Supports the evaluation of program and project requirements, develops moderately complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions for the Production System.
- Compiles and analyzes technical data to determine the effects on product engineering design and rate estimates for equipment and tooling.
- Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
- Validates contractual performance milestones, maintains configuration control, conducts reviews, prepares plans for productions readiness, preventative maintenance, and spares.
- Conducts training for Production and Maintenance personnel.
- Develops and implements moderately complex work-arounds and maintains configuration of hardware, software and documentation.
- Supports studies for disposition of assets.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite in North Charleston, SC.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in course of study in mechanical, aerospace, or civil engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering.
- Knowledge of tool materials, machining, fabrication, and assembly processes.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in aerospace tooling.
- Experience with automation of drilling and fastening operations.
- Experience designing for human factors.
- Familiarity with aircraft propulsion systems and nacelles.
- Experience with CATIA, ENOVIA, and Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with tooling suppliers.
- Experience working with tools located at part suppliers.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
Bachelor’s degree and typically 5 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- This is a first shift position.
- Occasional off-shift support to production may be required.
- This is a non-union-represented position.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation: Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement: This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive: This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program This position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level: Individual Contributor – 3
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: 6H6PI3 (66Y)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud –
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation –
Applicant Privacy –
EEO is the law Poster –
Boeing Policy on EEO –
Affirmative Action and Harassment –
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English –
- Spanish –
Right to Work Statement
- English –
- Spanish –
Location: North Charleston, SC
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 04:50:07 GMT
Click Here To Apply