Job title: Middle School Choir/Music
Company: Teach Mississippi
Job description: The job of Secondary School Teacher was established for the purpose/s of developing students’ academic skills through academic courses of study and implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of students; providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
This job reports to Secondary School Principal
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of supporting teacher’s expectations, developing methods for improvement, and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses students’ progress, expectations, goals, etc. for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Assists in the total administration of the testing programs (e.g. in-service training, proctoring, monitoring, interpreting, remediating, etc.) for the purpose of complying with No Child Left Behind and improving the students’ learning experience in the school system.
- Assists other teachers for the purpose of implementing curriculum.
- Collaborates with school personnel, parents and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and addressing the needs of individual students.
- Directs student workers, volunteers, etc. for the purpose of maximizing their efficiency and meeting work requirements.
- Instructs students for the purpose of improving their success in academics through a defined course of study.
- Maintains confidentiality of all school, personal, and educational information for the purpose of protecting such information regarding students, staff, and parents, and the teacher will choose the proper time, place, and supervisor to discuss the confidential information.
- Monitors student activities (e.g. classroom, lunch, grounds, athletics, pep rallies, field days, etc.) for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, (e.g. extracurricular assignments, IEP conferences, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, interventions, behavior logs, etc.) for the purpose of implementing lesson plans and documenting student progress.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet the changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
adhering to safety practices
administering first aid
operating standard office equipment
using pertinent software applications.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
age appropriate activities
business telephone etiquette
concepts of grammar and punctuation.
ABILITY is required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings, and/or events, gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires analysis based on organizational objectives; and problem solving when equipment is limited. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include:
adapting to changing work priorities
communicating with diverse groups
meeting deadlines and schedules
working as part of a team
working with frequent interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; directing other persons within a small work unit; and operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 10% walking, and 85% standing. The job is performed in a clean atmosphere.
Experience Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
Education Bachelor’s degree in job related area.
Equivalency None Specified
Required Testing Certificates & Licenses
Excel Valid Mississippi Teachers Certificate
Continuing Educ./Training Clearances
Bachelor’s Degree Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Grade
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Job date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 07:35:31 GMT
Click Here To Apply