At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good. We are currently hiring for a Monitor 1, Community Corrections, Resource Staging and Deployment Center (RSDC). Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
CoreCivic has established a new, virtual facility called the Resource Staging and Deployment Center (RSDC). The RSDC will support operational needs through deployed staffing to cover vacant posts or provide reinforcement staff where needed. Staff hired and trained at the RSDC will be deployed as travel duty Monitor 1 Officers to other CoreCivic facilities in the US on a rotational assignment basis.
When you apply to this position you are agreeing to be able to work both remotely, in person and to travel to a designated facility to support the RSDC as needed.
The Monitor I, Community Corrections (RSDC) is responsible for the supervision of the facility population including but not limited to safety, security and facility sanitation. This role provides for the care, custody and control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the facility, staff, visitors and residents.
- Monitor resident population and reports any suspicious activities or violations of policy, procedures, or regulations by residents or other individuals.
- Conduct resident counts, searches, room inspections, and vehicle searches as required. Conduct drug and alcohol testing as needed or as directed by facility administration.
- Process residents for intake/discharge in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the completion and quality of work performed by residents, where applicable.
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Ability to climb stairs, stand or walk on various surfaces for extended shifts up to sixteen (16) hours.
- Ability to bend, kneel and reach to conduct pat searches.
- Ability to complete any required training onsite or remotely is required.
- Ability for extensive U.S. domestic travel is required.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Work experience in a correctional setting is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Must be able to work all post assignments on day or night shift.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.