Merchants Bank of Indiana
Job title: Mortgage Servicing Specialist
Company: Merchants Bank of Indiana
Job description: Description:
Our Mortgage Servicing Specialist will pull and analyze closing loan documents, checking insurance coverage for properties, prep-to-file booking, and accurate processing of mortgage servicing transactions. While receiving hands-on training by members of the Merchants Mortgage team, you will be able to work in a laid-back environment that encourages team building. If you’re an individual who prioritizes organization, attention to detail, and work life balance, then APPLY TODAY!
After one year as a Mortgage Servicing Specialist, you will know if you were successful if you…
- Reviewing and processing loan documents after closing for completeness and accuracy.
- Receiving and managing customer calls via incoming Customer Service Lines.
- Track all loan related insurance requirements.
- Validate insurance coverage amounts according to bank and local requirements.
- Assist with tax and insurance payments on escrow accounts.
- Verify payment of all taxes and insurance for escrowed and non-escrowed accounts.
- Book first mortgages and HELOCs on servicing platform.
- Analyze data and research issues and exceptions while making or recommending appropriate changes.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail items.
- Produce and mail late notices and monthly statements, sort, and process payments.
- Set up ACH plans upon receipt of authorization forms.
- Prepare and send payoff statements and process incoming payoff proceeds.
- Other duties as assigned by the servicing manager.
What we are looking for…
- A minimum of three years’ mortgage banking experience in areas of loan servicing, or an educational background that provides a level of knowledge typically gained from three years or more experience preferred.
- Requires at least a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written customer service skills.
- Requires proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous mortgage loan servicing experiences strongly preferred.
- Previous banking experience preferred.
Ranked as the top-performing U.S. public bank by S&P Global Market Intelligence, Merchants Bancorp is a diversified bank holding company headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, operating multiple lines of business, including multifamily housing and healthcare facility financing and servicing, mortgage warehouse financing, retail and correspondent residential mortgage banking, agricultural lending, and traditional community banking. Merchants Bancorp conducts its business through its direct and indirect subsidiaries, Merchants Bank of Indiana, Merchants Capital Corp., Farmers-Merchants Bank of Illinois, and Merchants Mortgage, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana.
Merchants understands the positive impact of making employees feel valued and is proud to once again be recognized by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce’s Best Places to Work Program. This is the seventh year in a row that Merchants was recognized as a Best Places to Work organization.
Location: Carmel, IN
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 07:55:05 GMT
Click Here To Apply