State of South Carolina
Job title: Network Administrator / RP61061995
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: *This position is a re-post. Previous applicants do not need to re-apply.*
The Agency’s mission is to be boldly innovative in improving the health and quality of life for South Carolinians.
This position is located in the Bureau of Information Technology Services, Richland County.
Are you the One? We are looking for a Network Administrator who is responsible for software inventory. Acts as a tier 2 technical support for the Systems Support area of IT Services. Provides support and technical advice concerning office automation needs. Serves as contact for problems with automation system; follows through with solutions to problems.
- Create software inventory reporting and develop and maintain inventory processes and procedures and complete audits.
- Develops training/policy material and trains Information Technology staff.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues. Assist other IT Services personnel with resolving various hardware and software troubleshooting issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE and TGE positions that includes:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and Children.
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year.
- 15 days sick leave per year.
- 13 paid holidays.
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs.
A bachelor’s degree in office automation systems, data communications system design, installation, operation, repair, sales or marketing, or processing of information in a data processing environment or a related field and experience in information technology systems or a related area.
Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degrees on a year-to-year basis. This experience must include technical support for a large complex network with a focus on network security, performance, and wiring infrastructure.
- Overtime and/or weekend work with deputy approval
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Lifting requirements: 20lbs.
- Knowledge of computer system analysis, design, testing, debugging and maintenance techniques.
- Knowledge of IT support ticketing techniques and practices.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with vendors, management staff and users.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application for qualification purposes. All applicants must apply online. All correspondence from the Office of Human Resources will be through electronic mail.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Expected salary: $43030 – 79616 per year
Location: Richland County, SC
Job date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 08:26:47 GMT
Click Here To Apply