Tyson Foods 3.5★
Job Purpose / Summary:
The Network Solutions Architect will service as a technology SME; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors. This role will be responsible for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports. Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as lead network architect responsible for capacity planning and configuration assessments for our routers, switches, network appliances, hosts, and other communication devices
- Stay ahead of emerging technologies and capabilities in order to prepare and respond to customer needs and expectations
- Participate in the definition of future technology architecture and strategy
- Manage multiple large-scale projects in a fast-paced challenging environment and provide leadership to other members of the team.
- Lead the Network Infrastructure department in collaboration with the Information Security practice to maintain strict policy and vulnerability adherence
- Understand compliance and risk management requirements for supported areas
- Design and implement data communication architectures in collaboration with key infrastructure stakeholders
- Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure
- Review and research complex technology and system assessments for component architecture
- Produce project architecture designs for small, medium, large and x-large infrastructure and business initiatives
- Make ongoing recommendations of network policies and standards – strategic planning
- Quickly convert business problems into technical solutions and opportunities
- Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule with engineering team as network escalation engineer
- Maintain the appropriate relationships with 3rd party vendors and evaluate vendor hardware, software, and communications products to provide recommendations to leadership
- Ensure upgrade and backup strategies are well established for core network infrastructure
- Implement, support, and maintain 24×7 network services
- Troubleshoot network performance issues
- Maintain system and network availability and monitoring of critical services
Education: BS / BA degree in business, information systems or related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 10+ years infrastructure/capacity planning, data center planning, and infrastructure support roles; 10+ years developing infrastructure plans and projects for complex organizations including Data Center moves
Computer and Special Skills: SAN and Server refreshes, and infrastructure rationalization; Deep understanding of network concepts such as data center switching, LAN, WAN, network architecture, and common firewall platforms; Ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems; Demonstrated success in the areas of team leadership, management and mentorship; Ability to understand business perspective/feedback and advocate on behalf of customers; Information security/assurance certifications are a plus; self-organizing and capable of autonomous execution; Proven project planning and management experience; Network Automation and Programmability (Python, Terraform, CI/CD); Software Defined Networking (SD-WAN, Network Access Control, ACI); Network Security (NGFW, SASE); Cloud Networking (AWS, GCP, Azure); Network Infrastructure (Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Wireless Controllers, etc.); Routing and Switching platforms (Nexus, ISR, ASR, Catalyst, etc.); Routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, etc.); Load Balancers (F5 Traffic Managers, GTM’s and LTM’s); Wireless Infrastructure (Access Points and Controllers); Datacenter Technologies (ACI, Nexus, etc.); DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (Infoblox, Solarwinds, etc.); Performance monitoring software (Solarwinds, Cisco Prime, Netscout, LiveNX, etc.); Network Management (AAA, QoS, SNMP, Syslog, VTP, NTP, etc.); Ticketing systems (ServiceNow, Remedy, Jira, etc.); Understanding and experience with Agile/Scrum; Good working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, Office 365, and Slack; Able to effectively interact with cross functional senior technical and executive resources; Certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE; ITIL v3 certification
Communication Skills: Qualified candidates will possess strong communication skills resulting in the ability to produce clear, concise, and consumable verbal and written communications and diagrams
Travel: Less than 10%.
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We provide our team members and their families with paid time off; 401(k) plans; affordable health, life, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; and more.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here .