TITLE: Network Technicians (NT)
PTI is looking for a network Technician to support on-site inventory, installation, and physical troubleshooting assistance for networking equipment products and services.
- Troubleshoot Layer 1 connectivity issues
- Have a basic understanding of power requirements for network equipment
- Understand how to replace equipment with minimal service interruption
- Label cabling using established methods and procedures
- Understand fiber optic cabling types and connection methods
- Connect all cabling and peripherals to network switches
- Rack network equipment based on established procedures and design
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
- Entry-level networking knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Relevant network certifications or experience
- Familiar with verification/validation testing of all equipment to ensure it is in proper working order
- The ability to effectively communicate to customers and coworkers
- Occasional bending, carrying, squatting, twisting and lifting up to 40 pounds independently
- Routine travel required for this position, up to 75%
- Pre-placement tuberculin screening within 90 calendar days prior to assignment to the worksite and have negative Tuberculosis (TB) screening reactions.
- Experience with troubleshooting, proactive initiatives, and a strong ability to follow through to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Installing computer network equipment, connections, and cabling
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $29.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- This position requires traveling for 75% of the time – are you able to meet these requirements?
- The hourly rate is 24.00 to 29.00 an hour – is this within your range?
- The position requires a government security clearance – Are you a US Citizen?
- Associate (Preferred)
- Computer networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- LAN: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) (Preferred)
- network certification (Preferred)
- Confidential (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Required)
Work Location: On the road