Willow Creek Women's Hospital
Job title: NICU Registered Respiratory Therapist FULL TIME NIGHTS
Company: Willow Creek Women’s Hospital
Job description: Do you want to be a valued member of a team who plays a critical role in providing excellent care to NICU patients in a hospital setting? Do others see you as having inductive reasoning, critical thinking, and active listening skills? If so, consider joining our team as a Registered Respiratory Therapist FULL TIME (NIGHT SHIFT) in our NICU unit at Willow Creek Women’s Hospital!
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitoring patient’s physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, or blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur
- Assists in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with pulmonary disorders.
- Collects and analyzes sputum, blood, and breath specimens to determine levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and other gases
- Setting and operate devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, or aerosol generators, following specified parameters of treatment
- Working as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures or related duties
- Maintaining charts that contain patients’ pertinent identification and therapy information
- This NICU specific position will require therapist to be familiar or be able to learn the role of a NICU therapist in a maternal center.
- The therapist will be required to attend deliveries, manage the respiratory care of NICU patients and be able to function independently.
Key qualifications to be considered for this include:
- Associate’s degree
- License by the Board of Medicine to practice in the state of Arkansas required
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification, STABLE, PALS and ACLS or within 90 days of hire
- Current NRP certification
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate
- Current BLS , PALS and ACLS
About Northwest Health
Northwest Health provides inpatient, outpatient, diagnostic imaging, medical, surgical and emergency services to the Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, Johnson and Siloam Springs communities in northwestern Arkansas. We are your family, friends and neighbors, and we work with and for our community to provide quality healthcare.
With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics. Our hospitals include:
- Northwest Medical Center – Bentonville
- Northwest Medical Center – Springdale
- Siloam Springs Regional Hospital
- Northwest Health Physicians’ Specialty Hospital
- Willow Creek Women’s Hospital
Northwest Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America—a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren’t local and haven’t already discovered this, check out to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/M/V) and welcome you to apply.
- Associates or better in Respiratory Therapy
Licenses & Certifications Required
- L-AR-Respiratory Therapst
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Location: Oark, AR
Job date: Thu, 18 May 2023 06:10:23 GMT
Click Here To Apply