Directly supervise and coordinate activities of shift warehouse associates. Duties and responsibilities include assigning people and equipment within the warehouse to complete the picking, handling, and loading of customers’ orders in time for the next day’s deliveries. Orders need to be pulled and loaded on trucks quickly and accurately with minimal breakage.
Plan work assignments and equipment allocation to meet production goals.
- Schedule associates across case pick, bottle pick, truck loading, and replenishment responsibilities for optimum workload balance.
- Release and monitor waves as products are picked and loaded, responding quickly to any issues in case or bottle pick areas.
- As staffing needs require, step in quickly and effectively to cover warehouse worker responsibilities.
- Where applicable, oversee the daily use of warehouse technology (WMS) as well as picking technology (voice picking) to ensure proper use and compliance with picking standards.
- Ensure warehouse safety and housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Plan and execute ongoing cross-training program to ensure workforce is flexible, and able to respond to unexpected shortages during the shift.
- Continuously improve knowledge and skills. Stay current with developments within the manufacturing and distribution field and share expertise with others.
- Assist in the setting of process improvement goals for warehouse employees to improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide safety tips and recognize associates for working safely.
- Oversee inspections of material handling equipment; ensure equipment is properly maintained. Promptly escalate any mechanical issues in order to minimize downtime.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5-7 years previous Warehouse Management experience. Experience with Manhattan Labor Management and Warehouse Management, as well as experience leading and implementing changes in processes and systems are a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.