Job title: Nuclear Medicine Tech
Company: Trinity Health
Job description: Employment Type: Full time
Shift: Day Shift
Performs both diagnostic and therapeutic radioisotope studies, which assist physicians in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs technical tasks to facilitate the use of nuclear medicine including administering prescribed radiopharmaceuticals and isotopes, patient positioning and film processing. Responsible for quality control, record maintenance and other components critical in the operation of the nuclear medicine department.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Assists in scheduling and coordinating patient exams within the daily schedule to ensure proper utilization.
4. Reviews patient’s charts and history to ensure the correct test is being performed ensuring there are no counter indications for performing the study.
5. Orders and administers correct radiopharmaceuticals and dosages as needed for various patient exams.
6. Maintains adequate records of radioisotope receipt, use, storage, and disposal in accordance with state and federal regulations.
7. Transfers patients to imaging camera and assists with patient positioning and comfort.
8. Explains procedures in a clear, understandable manner to patients, family, and students.
9. Administers injections of radioisotopes for exams using established sterile techniques.
10. Operates scanner and positions patient to achieve procedures of high diagnostic quality.
11. Manipulates images using various computerized controls to prepare study for the physician.
12. Ensures that images are permanently archived to appropriate media or Picture Archiving and Communication System
13. Performs quality control procedures and calibrations on equipment to ensure reliable operation.
14. Discards radioactive remnants in appropriate waste or storage containers.
15. Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Knowledge of Nuclear Medicine principles and techniques normally acquired by completing an approved school of Radiological Technology or Nuclear Medicine Technology in order to handle both the radiological and biohazard facets of Nuclear Medicine.
Licensure: Must hold an Indiana license in Nuclear Medicine Technology (ISDH) or be able to obtain within 30 days of completing NMTCB or ARRT(N). BLS certification is required.
Experience: Minimum of one year clinical experience in a Nuclear Medicine Department.
Other Job Requirements: Must be fully aware of policies, rules, procedures, and regulations as established by the
Nuclear Regulatory Agency, JCAHO, and the Indiana State board of Health.
Work requires the ability consistently perform at a high level of mental effort while performing tasks accurately and without error.
Work requires exceptional analytical skills to perform Nuclear Medicine tasks accurately as well as handling multiple tasks at the same time.
Work requires manual dexterity to assist patients and handle heavy collimation devices.
Work requires independent thinking ability to perform any examination without direct supervision.
Work requires excellent communication skills to provide information to physicians, nurses, aids, schedulers, secretaries, patients, and patient’s families.
Work requires direct patient care to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Job date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 02:50:23 GMT
Click Here To Apply