Angels of Mercy Homecare 3.7★
We are hiring for a Occupational Therapist to work Full-Time or PRN.
we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we serve—it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home for your career here.
As a Therapist, you can expect:
- the ability to build in-person trusted therapist-patient relationships
- continuing education and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- independence and autonomy
- career growth possibilities
Give your passion to serve others and your drive for better, more advanced quality healthcare.
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the physician the patient’s response to treatment and changes to the patient’s condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy.
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary.
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary report on the patient’s condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests.
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency leadership.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
LHC Group is committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally other protected characteristic.
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.
Angels of Mercy Homecare is part of the LHC Group family of providers – the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians, and families nationwide. We deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that supports our patients when and where they need it. From our home health, hospice, and community-based services to inpatient care at our clinics and hospitals, our mission is to reach more patients and families with effective and efficient healthcare. More hospitals, physicians, and families choose LHC Group because we are united by a single shared purpose: “It’s all about helping people.”