University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Occupational Therapist-7 On/Off-Acute Care-Part Time
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00029531
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Acute Care Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Occupational Therapist-7 On/Off-Acute Care-Part Time
Job Summary: To plan, organize and to conduct occupational therapy programs in hospital, institutional or community settings, to help rehabilitate those impaired because of illness, injury, or psychological or developmental problems. To administer treatments that contribute to optimal occupational performance including self-care; daily living skills essential for productivity; functional communication and mobility; positioning social integration; cognitive mechanisms, enhancing play and leisure skills.
Education & Experience
Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program. Experience cannot be substituted for educational requirement.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Mississippi licensure within the applicable time frame.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and/or kinesiology. Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions and for counseling and guidance. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, family members, and staff. Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress. Ability to motivate individuals to set and attain goals.
- Synthesize complex medical data, and utilize results to administer appropriate tests and evaluations of patients’ physical and cognitive status.
- Demonstrate sound clinical reasoning to develop a comprehensive plan of care. Develop and update appropriate plan of care in collaboration with the patient/family as related to the person’s age and lifestyle with measurable long and short term goals and a defined discharge plan.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitor responses to education, and adapt program appropriately. Ensure that patient/family verbalizes and/or demonstrates understanding of the education/information provided.
- Follow intervention protocols and revises interventions appropriately. Discharge patient when goals have been met or medical necessity is no longer indicated.
- Ensure that patient care documentation is timely, legible and efficient. Demonstrate concise and pertinent documentation that meets the profession’s and department’s documentation standards. Provide clear, concise and pertinent oral reports.
- Design, provide and train patients/family in the use of assistive technology, devices, orthotics, prosthetics, splints, and/or environmental adaptations to compensate for loss of occupational performance.
- Provide training and supervision in therapy techniques and objectives for students and other medical staff. Collaborate and communicate effectively with other members for the health care team regarding the patient’s treatment program.
- Consistently meet patient care productivity standard as established for job classification.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional travelling to offsite locations, frequent activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, constant bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, constant kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, constant reaching, frequent sitting, constant standing, frequent twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Part time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 90
Job Posting Date: 05/23/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Thu, 25 May 2023 07:16:46 GMT
Click Here To Apply