The Office Manager keeps the office spinning right round by keeping our office up to date, informed, and organized! If you’re a master of office procedures, we have a great opportunity for you! Our Interstate Logos office in Madison, MS is now hiring a new management team member to help us enhance the Interstate Logo Program in the state of Mississippi.
The Interstate Logos division of Lamar Advertising is the largest provider of contract logo signing and tourist-oriented directional signing (TODS) programs, partnering with State Transportation Agencies since 1988. Interstate Logos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lamar Media Corp., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lamar Advertising.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back Program
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
The hourly rate for this position is $20 / hour, dependent on relevant experience and skills.
The purpose of the Office Manager is to oversee all office functions and administrative responsibilities. This includes managing clerical staff, maintaining payroll hours, and keeping closely informed on all Human Resources (HR) company-wide policies and regulations. Additionally, the Office Manager is responsible for all incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintaining the integrity of processes pertaining to the Interstate Logo Program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervise office clerical staff
- Maintain accounts receivables (AR) for the company. This includes making customer calls, sending correspondence, documenting information in company system, reviewing AR reports and communicating with the sales department and General Manager regarding past due accounts.
- Responsible for entering and updating client information, accounts, and contracts into company system.
- Maintain accounts payable (AP) for the office. This includes processing invoices, recording pertinent information, coding invoices to the correct GL account, and submitting invoices to Corporate for payment.
- Act as a liaison for corporate Human Resources (HR). This includes the Affirmative Action process, submitting employee information, assisting employees with benefit questions, worker’s compensation, and assisting any other human resource requirements needed.
- Provide administrative assistance to all employees as needed, such as assisting the sales department, preparing contracts, answering customer questions or directing them to the applicable personnel, providing invoice copies, or documenting messages as needed.
- Provide information when requested from corporate departments (Payroll, Human Resources, Credit, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.) as needed.
- Completing Monthly Bank Reconciliation and compiling all banking documents for corporate submission.
- Run errands as needed, i.e., going to the post office and making banks deposits.
- Complete and assist any special requests/projects from General Manager, Sales Manager, or Operations Manager.
Other duties such as:
- Maintenance of OSHA logs and miscellaneous truck mileage reporting as needed.
- Handle Operations Manager and General Manager’s expense reports upon request.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), experience with Database related applications, and the ability to learn and become proficient with various company applications.
- An aptitude with numbers and a working knowledge of accounting functions.
- Strong organizational skills and experience with prioritizing duties and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral. Ability to converse with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Requires continual monitoring and maintaining of customer and office information.
- Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in professionalism, responsibility, and is proactive.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to use fax machine, copiers, and scanners.
- Requires the ability to handle different challenges each day and adequately prioritize those demands.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A college degree in business, business administration, or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in an administrative/office setting is required.
- Training in office management education preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is an office.
- The physical demands for this position include light lifting (10 to 20 lbs.) pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, acuity, and depth perception), and talking.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for clarification on why we’re asking for this information!
California Residents – Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)