UGI Energy Services, LLC
Job title: Operations Engineer (Partially Work From Home)
Company: UGI Energy Services, LLC
Job description: UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 42,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider – one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Service Provider
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave – 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave – 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee’s 6% contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
This Engineer II position will support the Gas Process Engineering department in their oversight of various RNG facilities owned and operated by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the engineering design of new natural gas related infrastructure projects. Typical projects include RNG facilities, natural gas distribution pipelines, metering, and regulating stations.
- Provide technical support for the Operations group on the continued safe operation of existing RPG facilities.
- Serve as coordinator for all Management of Change (MOC) and safety reviews in support of facility modifications and associated start-ups.
- Serve as primary coordinator of a major facility outage performed on an annual basis.
- Assist the facility operations in their development of an annual O&M budget and capital expense project list.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of relevant regulatory standards of various state agencies. Additional familiarity with ASME, NFPA, and API standards desired, such as ASME B31 Pressure Piping, and NFPA 59 Utility LP-Gas Code.
- Proficient in interpreting piping isometrics, QA/QC documents, process and instrumentation diagram (P&ID), ASME U1A forms, and piping specifications.
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience providing training and guidance on standards and procedures.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to professionally represent the Company in regulatory inspections and audits.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering strongly preferred; Bachelor in an Engineering discipline required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a position requiring technical writing skills preferred.
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Location: Lebanon, PA
Job date: Wed, 24 May 2023 07:57:11 GMT
Click Here To Apply