Job title: Ophthalmic Technician – Esquire Optometry Practice
Company: Dr. Tavel
Job description: Dr. Tavel Family Eyecare has been family owned and operated since 1940. We provide Indiana families with an extensive array of high quality, yet affordable eyecare products and services. At Dr. Tavel we pride ourselves on being one of Indiana’s largest eyecare providers and we accept hundreds of insurance plans at all 21 of our locations throughout the state. We believe in providing a transformational eyecare experience to every patient, every time.
We are looking for an energetic, adaptable, and professional individuals to serve as an Ophthalmic tech working up patients for our doctors. Our goal is to increase overall efficiency and productivity and correctly document and summarize the doctors findings, recommendations, and additional orders and/or follow up visits.
This key team member would also:
- Obtain a detailed medical history for each incoming patient, including reviewing family history, medications, ocular history, and chief complaint.
- Manage flow and minimize wait time for each patient by being aware of the daily schedule and all schedule changes; notifying the doctor and office staff of any schedule changes.
- Become fluent in the exact requirements of each examination.
- Technicians are responsible for explaining all testing and procedures to the patient to ensure they feel safe and informed during their pre-test and exam.
- Complete all preliminary testing with patients. This includes, but is not limited to: auto-refractor, visual field, OptoMap, OCT, refracting, intraocular pressures, blood pressure and visual acuities.
- Maintain the appearance and functionality of the pre-test and exam lanes by keeping them clean, free from clutter, and well stocked.
- Order, receive, and verify contact lens orders for patients. Notify patients of their contact lens order status.
- Instruct first time contact lens wearers on insertion, removal, and contact lens care.
- Accommodate the needs of the patient for the exam.
- Be aware of the examination room and any physical limitations the patient may have.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures, government regulations and HIPAA guidelines
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management or the Doctor.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 2 years of medical office experience, preferably optical experience
- Valid Drivers License
- The ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally (Spanish-speaking not required, but preferred)
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Detail oriented
*All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. Dr. Tavel is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Free eye exams
- Free eyewear after 6 months and then yearly (in addition to great discounts!)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
Location: Lawrence, IN
Job date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 08:56:11 GMT
Click Here To Apply