Job title: Outpat Speech-Lang Pathologist
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Job description: LMC Careers
[[jobStatus]] – [[standardHours]] Hours
Sign On Bonus: [[signOn]]
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to Work for in the U.S., the heart of LMC is our 557-bed modern state-of-the-art facility. Winning the prestigious, “Summit Award” from Press Ganey for outstanding patient satisfaction, “Consumer Choice Award” from the National Research Corporation, all contributing to our reputation for giving our patients the highest quality care. Lexington Medical Center was voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019!
We are located in heart of the Midlands, right outside of Columbia, SC, and one of the most successful integrated healthcare systems in the Southeast. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Performs professional speech language pathology services that are concerned with prevention, treatment and restoration of disorders of speech, language, voice, and oral-pharyngeal and cognitive/communication following trauma, disease or developmental disabilities. This may include various speech tests, measurements, and exercises.
Minimum Education: Post-graduate degree in speech language pathology from a school or program determined by the South Carolina State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology to be equivalent to those accredited by the Council on Professional Standards of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
Minimum Years of Experience: None.
Substitutable Education & Experience: None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Current ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) or its equivalent as approved by the South Carolina State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology;
Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) by the South Carolina State Board of Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology;
Required Training: None.
- Provides direct speech language pathology services upon referral by a physician or advanced practice provider using specific competencies.
- Demonstrates Age specific competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment for the following patient population:
- Child (1 year through 12 years)
- Adolescent (13 years through 17 years)
- Adult (18 years to 65 years)
- Geriatric (over 65 years).
- Evaluates patients using functional tests and measurements such to assess speech-language, cognitive and swallowing deficits, receptive and/or expressive impairment, and primary communication difficulty.
- Develops speech therapy treatment plans and monitors progress.
- Administers speech therapy treatments.
- Documents/records appropriate patient treatment data, such as patient progress notes, evaluation reports and discharge summaries.
- Instructs patients and their families in home program..
- Represents department communicating with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team for the coordination of care.
- Consults with other professionals regarding patient’s speech therapy programs and discharge planning.
- Assist in providing clinical supervision to students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represents department in meetings, assist in marketing and program development.
- Provides in-services for the rehab and interdisciplinary team as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisors, or authorized personnel as required in an emergency, e.g. fire or disaster.
- Uses effective time management to complete patient care documentation meet departmental productivity standards.
- Demonstrates sound professional judgement and acts in accordance with the state speech pathologist and audiologists therapy practice act, hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional activities for continued self-development, and growth of technical knowledge and skills.
- Therapist will be able to meet deadlines and commitments with minimal supervision.
- Uses safe techniques and safe patient handling equipment as needed for protection of patients and self while performing duties.
- Demonstrates competence in safe delivery of care.
- Maintains an optimistic and professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers. Demonstrates teamwork while performing duties, for example assists with the transportation of patients as needed. Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect, when working with patients, visitors and co-workers. Conforms to the Service Expectation Policy.
- Reports to work on time and meets the hospital criteria for attendance and tardiness
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.
Location: West Columbia, SC
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 07:28:59 GMT
Click Here To Apply