Paints, equipment, and other structural surfaces, using brushes, rollers, and spray guns. May remove old paint to prepare surface prior to painting. May mix colors or oils to obtain desired color or consistency.
High school Diploma or equivalent.
Frequent standing, walking, talking and listening. Able to lift 50 pound minimum. Use of hands to handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms. May climb or balance. Visual and mental acuity required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed and required.
- Apply paint, enamel, and other finishes to equipment, and/or other structures, using brushes, spray guns, or rollers.
- Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as metal, for finish coats.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements and/or work orders.
- Cover surfaces with drop cloths or masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting.
- Mix and match colors of paint, and drying additives in order to obtain desired colors and consistencies.
- Read work orders or receive instructions from supervisors or homeowners in order to determine work requirements.
- Remove old finishes by stripping, sanding, wire brushing, burning, or using water and/or abrasive blasting.
Other Qualifications or Requirements:
Special Knowledge or Skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, MS 39429: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location