Job title: Painter-Facilities Services
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00022270
Job Category: Institutional Services (Non-Faculty Only)
Organization: Fac Services-Paint Shop
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Painter-Facilities Services
Job Summary: To perform skilled painting work on interior and exterior of building, facilities, and equipment. To maintain plaster, concrete, drywall, and exterior systems as required.
Education & Experience
Four (4) years of related experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Skill in selecting and applying paint and associated products. Skill in applying coatings and/or caulking and completing repairs to surfaces. Skill in wood surface preparation, staining, and/or sealing techniques. Verbal and written communication skills.
- Applies paint, stain, varnish, enamel, and other finishes to building interiors and exteriors and other surfaces using brushes, spray guns, rollers, and related painting equipment.
- Prepares and cleans surfaces. Fills cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Blends, mixes, and matches paints and stains by adding pigments and/or thinners to obtain desired color and consistency.
- Applies a variety of skills in erecting, rigging, and using scaffolding, ladders, trestles, planks, window jacks, and stages.
- Reads work orders or receives instructions from supervisor in order to determine work requirements; submits detailed reports describing scope of work performed, material expended, and amount of time spent to accomplish the job.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; complies with workplace safety and environmental practices.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 100 pounds, frequent climbing, occasional crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, frequent kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 06/21/2022
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 06:25:05 GMT
Click Here To Apply