Omni Hotels & Resorts
Job title: Palmetto Market Supervisor
Company: Omni Hotels & Resorts
Job description: Location
Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head’s associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
The Food and Beverage Supervisor is responsible for maintaining Omni’s high guest service standards by consistently providing efficient, friendly and professional service. He/she will help oversee and run the day-to-day operations of the Food & Beverage outlets.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall supervision of the Palmetto Market operation and staff.
- Professionally delegate duties to staff and send associates on break at appropriate times.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all food & beverage standards, and ensure they are met.
- Assist in properly training staff to execute Omni service standards.
- Accurately communicate new menu items and promotions to staff.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all aspects of each of each of outlet position in order to assist as needed.
- Ensure staff compliance with Omni policies and procedures and inform management of any concerns.
- Order daily supplies or communicate inventory needs to appropriate management.
- Review and address guest comments to help ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and solicit their feedback, address issues as needed.
- Observe staff interactions with guests; train and correct staff as needed.
- Review and understand financial information, as well as, perform basic arithmetic.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all technical equipment to fully utilize its capabilities and to ensure proper safety.
- Assist with monthly inventory.
- Accurately maintain a cash bank.
- Interact with other departments as needed to ensure guest needs are satisfied.
- Adhere to proper food handling and alcohol service procedures.
- Minimize lost items by ensuring that merchandise is never left unsecured.
- Check servers’ orders and set-up to ensure accuracy and proper presentation.
- Assist manager with weekly scheduling.
- Work closely with culinary team to ensure quality and timeliness of food and beverage orders and amenities.
- Control order load of the servers.
- Check on tray and table removal, ensuring that are hallways and guest areas are free from debris.
- Inspect daily set-up, presentation and delivery of amenities.
- Ensure all Eco-sure and State health codes are being implemented and followed.
- Establish and maintain cohesive and effective Associate relations.
- Ensure that important information is passed-on throughout each shift
- Identify areas of opportunity within the operation to enhance speed of delivery, quality of food and beverage, consistency and quality of the delivery experience. Work closely with the manager and the team to continuously improve all of these areas.
- Work closely with the manager to identify and resolve performance issues/opportunities of the team members as they arise.
- Utilize effective training and coaching and counseling techniques to address performance issues/opportunities of the team members.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all key software applications used in Food and Beverage. Use knowledge to train others, trouble-shoot issues and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that a culture of respect and professionalism is maintained in the work space at all times. Bring all issues to the attention of management and Human Resources immediately.
- Ensure opening/closing duties are completed accurately
- Ensure all daily side duties are performed efficiently and accurately leaving each shift fully prepared to handle its responsibilities.
- Ensure daily paperwork for all staff is completed according to standard
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age (alcohol service).
- Ability and willingness to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a current Food Handlers and TIPS certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English with guests, vendors and staff is required.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations (cash handling) is required.
- Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time is required.
- Ability to regularly bend, stretch and stoop is required.
- Ability to lift, pull and push up to 50lbs. is required.
- Keen attention to detail, ability to multitask and strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor is required.
- Previous food and beverage experience is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Location: Hilton Head Island, SC
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:52:49 GMT
Click Here To Apply