Be a part of the nationwide law enforcement initiative that removes the tools of crime from criminal organizations, depriving wrongdoers of proceeds from their crime and impacting the infrastructure of criminal enterprises.
Focused on delivering unsurpassed services in support of law enforcement and homeland security, FSA Federal, a rapidly growing joint venture owned by trusted solutions providers SAIC and Amentum, has a vacancy for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant II. In this role, you will be supporting the overall mission of the United States Attorney’s Office (USAO).
- Assists attorney in reviewing case material, to include gathering and analyzing case material and preparing a digest of selected decisions/opinions, including legal references. May provide Legal Clerk review.
- Drafts, edits, and reviews non-legal information, creates correspondence, and research reports.
- Helps prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assists in creating and organizing statistical charts and photographs.
- Interviews potential witnesses and prepares summary interview reports.
- Reviews prepared legal documents to confirm the citations and legal references included in the documents.
- Attends pre-trial meetings to review case materials for missing documents or other questionable material and may request further information to correct deficiencies.
- After/during trial prepares summaries of testimony and depositions.
- Investigates facts and laws of cases and searches public records to prepare cases and determine causes of action, as well as researches reports and correspondence relating to cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Paralegal Certificate; or High School Diploma/GED with at least two-years’ paralegal experience
- Trial and automated litigation support experience preferred
- Ability to grasp and understand the organization and functions of the customer
- Knowledge to conduct basic legal research, including standard legal citation
- Excellent communication skills; oral and written, to include legal writing skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other common software applications, to include databases and legal research tools
- Proven commitment and expertise to provide excellent customer service; positive and flexible
- Ability to work in a team environment, deliver the highest quality of work, and maintain a professional disposition under extreme pressure
FSA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity) veteran status, family leave status, and any protected group status as defined by applicable law. FSA is proud to maintain a drug-free workplace. Satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screening is a condition of employment. As a supplier of services to federal government agencies, such as DEA, FBI, USCIS, USPIS, etc., we also adhere to agency standards with respect to prior drug usage. COVID Policy: FSA adheres to contractual, governmental, and locality specific guidelines and mandates with respect to COVID-19. The minimum safety standards with which we comply are established by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.