- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- Microsoft Excel
- Workers’ compensation law
- Computer skills
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- High school diploma or GED
Due to continued growth, Quintairos, Prieto, Wood & Boyer, P.A. a multi-office national firm has an immediate opening for a full-time Paralegal for our Jackson, MS Office located in Flowood. This is a full-time position, competitive salary and benefits package offered.
The individual in this role primarily supports attorneys with commercial general liability, insurance defense matters, labor and employment law and worker’s compensation matters. This is a hands-on position that involves working collaboratively with clients and employees of the firm
- Organizes and analyzes documentary evidence including medical records, reports, depositions, discovery, investigative and other documents and summaries. Interpretation and preparation of chronologies and summaries as requested.
- Under attorney direction drafts and prepares correspondence and other written documents as required including responses, reports, filings, pleadings, answers, motions, interrogatories, opinions, position papers, letters, etc., and other documents as necessary.
- Prepares and handles tracking and disposition of subpoenas or other requests for information.
- Conducts research on legal issues and investigation of witnesses and experts, including social media and internet research.
- Communicates with clients, witnesses, experts.
- Monitors files and escalates issues requiring attorney involvement. Performs timely handling of highly sensitive issues and materials related to case.
- Organizes and tracks necessary matter priority list with litigation team supervision and collaboration
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5+ years of prior paralegal experience assisting attorneys handling insurance defense litigation matters in the area of commercial general liability, labor and employment law and worker’s compensation.
- Experience handling subpoenas and responding to discovery.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, superior communication and organizational skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
Our firm offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package for full-time hourly employees including medical, dental & vision insurance, employer paid life insurance, employer paid short-term disability insurance, generous 401(k) plan match, paid vacation, and more. Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
This position is considered to be mostly sedentary and will require the employee to sit for extended periods of time. It will also require the employee to occasionally stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. They may engage in bending, stretching, reaching and other motions in the course of a working day. They will be engaged in using office equipment and computers. They may engage in lifting of supplies and materials up to 20 pounds from time to time. While performing duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
This job is located primarily in an indoor office environment with varying noise levels. There may be varying degrees of temperature. The employee may be interrupted from time to time.
The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. They are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed for this job.
Compensation commensurate with experience. QPWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking enthusiastic candidates eager to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.