Union position that offers great pay AND benefits.
The duties and responsibilities of the Driver/System Operator (DSO) consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Applies petroleum related technical knowledge to perform complex tasks associated with performing aircraft and ground fuel servicing operations (refuel/defuel) by mobile fuel servicing trucks and operation of fuel storage and distribution systems.
- Refuels, defuels and provides off-station fuel services to aircraft and support equipment by mobile fuel servicing vehicles and portable pantograph/hose systems.
- Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, and recurring operator inspections and performs minor operator maintenance on all assigned refueling equipment and vehicles.
- Must hold a current and valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with appropriate tank truck and HAZMAT endorsements.
- Conducts cold and hot servicing operations with mobile refueling vehicles and pantographs as directed by the Dispatch Center and the Fuels Management Team.
- Performs all petroleum handling and associated duties in strict compliance to governing United States Navy, Defense Logistics Agency-Energy and Defense Contract Services, Inc. policy/procedural directives.
- Maintains technical competency in U.S. Navy and Performance Work Statement (PWS) prescribed environmental, safety and performance levels to proficiently and safely execute all assigned fuels handling tasks.
- Exhibit understanding of technical/safety regulations applicable to aviation and ground fuel servicing operations on and around the airfield and supported areas.
- Performs routine cold and hot refueling operations with prescribed and approved equipment and facilities lAW the PWS, NAVAIR 00-80T-109, Aircraft Refueling NATOPS Manual and other applicable military, federal and commercial polices regarding the performance of aircraft fuel servicing operations.
- Performs operator inspection and maintenance of fuels equipment and vehicles and obtains visual samples to verify fuel quality.
- Performs general housekeeping duties in common/public work areas and fuels facilities.
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- CDL with HAZMAT endorsement; licensed to operate all mobile refueling vehicles and general-purpose vehicles.
- Proficient in Department of Defense or commercial petroleum operations and concepts to include conventional and unconventional aviation fuel servicing and hot refueling operational procedures.
- Proficient in petroleum system inspection and maintenance practices and can identify and mitigate potentially hazardous situations.
- Current and proficient in all operational and safety training associated with hazardous materials, contamination monitors and equipment handling to include the ability to demonstrate safety actions in product handling and identifying and reporting to higher levels.
- Must be able to clear a government background check.
- Must be physically capable of performing all duties including lifting 40+ pounds, climbing fuel tanks up to 40 feet high and climbing on tank trucks.
- Able to meet pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing requirements.
- Must be willing to work flexible duty schedules which may include night shift or weekend duty.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $28.52 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nas Meridian, MS: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CDL (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location