Job title: Part-Time Campus Safety Officer
Company: Milton Hersey School
Job description: Milton Hershey School (MHS) is seeking a part-time Campus Safety Officer to join its growing campus. The Campus Officer is responsible for collaborating with others to ensure a safe and secure environment for over 2,000 students, staff and visitors of the school. The Campus Safety & Security Department operates on a 24/7/365 schedule and patrols a school campus with 10,000 acres, over 210 buildings including student homes, farms, schools & other buildings.
This position will not exceed 29 hours 7 days a week, and the officers may work any combination of shifts and must be available to work weekends, holidays and overnight hours. The Campus Safety Officers are represented by the MHS Safety & Security Association bargaining unit. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Conducting regular safety patrols and pro-actively addressing any and all concerns or questions.
- Responding to any emergencies and acting as liaison with local emergency response units.
- Contributing to a community environment by maintaining a visible and approachable presence and engaging with students and others on campus.
- Educating and re-directing students and staff as needed.
- Completing required documentation and reporting on a timely basis.
- Participating in drills and other emergency preparation activities.
- Contributing to the development and refinement of procedures, and overall smooth operations, within the CALEA general orders and the Department.
- Other duties as needed.
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law. Position will close for applications on 6/1/2022.
- Associates degree or combination of education and work experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of armed security/law enforcement experience required
- Demonstrated skills in effectively responding to and managing through challenging emergency situations
- Valid PA Driver’s license in good standing
- First Aid/CPR & AED certified
- PA Act 235 certification required or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Exceptional writing, oral and interpersonal skills including conflict management and collaboration skills
- Experience working with children & youth in a diverse workplace environment, preferred
- Able to walk, stand or sit in a vehicle for extended time periods, as well as respond to emergency situations that may be of a physical nature
- Computer skills utilizing Internet and Microsoft applications and report writing experience
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity as all MHS staff are considered role models for MHS students
- Candidates should be willing to actively engage with students beyond the scope of their job responsibilities.
Location: Hershey, PA
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:46:56 GMT
Click Here To Apply