Primary Location Salary Range:
$16.24/hr – $24.35/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
This is an excellent opportunity for a customer obsessed individual, who is self-motivated & dependable. We are looking for an individual with excitement, energy, and engagement in a fast-paced, productivity based environment. As a department we strive to provide great customer service and offer our customers and patients the best possible experience!
The Patient Access Services Pre-Services Representative will following up on all scheduled encounters working to ensure appropriate insurance authorizations, ensuring that all patients are properly pre-registered and notified of insurance benefits, and calculating and collecting patient responsibility.
Shift: Monday – Thursday 10:30a – 7p & Friday 8:30a-5p MST
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, ID, IN, KS, LA, MI, MO,MN, NY, ND, NE, NV, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WA, & WY
This position works to financially clear scheduled services prior to the date of service. This includes insurance eligibility, estimate creation, obtaining and/or validating authorizations as payer guidelines require and verifying demographics. This position also educates patient on insurance benefits, financial liability, and secures patient liability ahead of service.
1. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of insurance guidelines for scheduled services. Proficiently verifies, reads and understands insurance benefits, accurately creates patient estimates for services rendered using estimator tools, able to educate patient on their insurance benefits and estimate. Collects patient responsibility. Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
2. Demonstrates the ability to prioritize workload in order to accurately complete daily worklist. This may include working with dept./central scheduling, ordering provider and/or payer in order to fully clear a patient’s account prior to the date of service.
3. May develop payment plans for all patients that are not able to pay their full liability at the time of service. May obtain and/or validate authorizations for scheduled procedures.
4. Daily focus on attaining productivity standards, recommends new approaches for enhancing workflow, and/or patient experience and productivity.
5. Conducts internal/external customer interactions over the phone. Demonstrates clear understanding that this position creates the first impression for our patient’s experience with Banner Health. Demonstrates a positive patient experience through interactions and effective communication.
6. Completes and/or attends training and education sessions, including facility department meetings within approved organizational guidelines and timeframes. Adheres to Banner Health’s organizational policies and procedures for relevant location and job scope.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
8. Works independently under general supervision, leads and follows structured work, including resolving patient concerns. Knows when to escalate issues to leader in order to maximize customer experience. Must be able to learn and multitask through multiple applications in order to accomplish daily work list.
Requires knowledge as typically obtained through an Associate’s degree in Business, Hospital Administration or equivalent work experience normally demonstrated by two years in hospital Patient Registration/ Financial Services work.
Clear understanding of the impact financial counseling has on Revenue Cycle operations and financial performance. Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated negotiation skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and to effectively anticipate and respond to issues as needed in a dynamic work environment. Demonstrated ability to use PC based office productivity tools (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel) as necessary; general computer skills necessary to work effectively in an office environment. Dedication to treating both internal and external constituents as clients and customers, maintaining a flexible customer service approach and orientation that emphasizes service satisfaction and quality.
Work experience with the Company’s systems and processes is preferred. May have related experience with financial institution or background, CHAA certification, understanding of medical terminology, previous EMR experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 05/19/2019