Job title: Patient Care Tech – FT Night – Heart Center
Job description: Details
- Department: Cardiovascular – Cardiac Services
- Schedule: 7:00PM/7:00AM -FT Night-3/12 hour shifts – Work every 3rd weekend rotation
- Hospital: Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center
- Location: Carmel, IN
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintain medical equipment.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- High School diploma equivalency OR 1 year of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Note: Required professional licensure/certification can be used in lieu of education or experience, if applicable.
Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center specializes in providing a wide range of treatments and minimally invasive interventions.
We are proud to be recognized as:
- PRC Five Star Excellence Award for Cardiac Medical – Top 10% in the Nation
- PRC Five Star Excellence Award for Inpatient Services – Top 10% in the Nation
- PRC Five Star Excellence Award for Cardio Thoracic Surgery – Top 10% in the Nation
- The St. Vincent Heart Hospital is “One of six best recognized in the United States for Cardiology”
The Ascension St. Vincent Heart Center consists of 80 beds. There are 40 Critical Care/ICU beds and 40 Progressive beds.
Our State-Of-The-Art heart care is provided utilizing a Universal Bed Model. The universal bed model is an innovative care delivery system that allows patient care to be managed in one setting room post-operation to discharge.
Each Technician will support 1 Pod of RN’s and have at least 10 guests to care for.
DUTIES FOR THE GCP (Guest Care Provider)
- Vitals at least every 4 hours
- Phlebotomy blood draws for testing
- Collecting other lab specimens
- Finger sticks for blood glucose
- 12 lead EKG’s
- Bladder scanning
- Surgical Clippings/Shavings
- Daily bathing
- Remove IV’s
- Linen changes
- Set up rooms for admission
- Tear down rooms for discharge
- Additional duties as needed
Why Join Our Team
Ascension St. Vincent in Indiana has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. With 24 hospitals throughout the greater Indianapolis and Evansville areas, Ascension St. Vincent offers careers in a wide range of services including acute and long-term care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary and urgent care, women’s health services and more.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the poster or poster.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Location: Carmel, IN
Job date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 08:48:58 GMT
Click Here To Apply