Job title: Patient Care Technician/Unit Secretary
Company: Marion General Hospital
Job description: JOB SUMMARY:
This position works under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Personally administers care to patients and provides support to the patient care team. Job duties include simple treatments, provision of personal care and ensuring the patient’s surroundings are clean and orderly. Provides information, directions and any other assistance to physicians, patients, families, customers and vendors. Responsible for performing general secretarial, receptionist and clerical duties. Assists in keeping a safe environment by communicating patient needs to the nursing staff.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Hold a current, valid Indiana Certified Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide certification –or-
- Have completed a formal nursing assistant program and have current nursing assistant experience -or-
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited School of Nursing program and have successfully completed their Nursing Fundamentals coursework. (Transcripts required.)
- CPR certification or must obtain at next available class upon hire.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
- Requires excellent communication skills to effectively and tactfully communicate with patients and their families and guests, co-workers, managers, providers and other hospital personnel on a one-to-one basis using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and word usage.
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary in order to carry out duties in a professional manner, as well as the ability to work well under stress.
- Requires the ability to problem solve and work well in a team environment.
- Requires basic computer skills and the ability to learn and proficiently perform computer applications related to department operations and job function.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to be discreet and protect the integrity of any confidential matter or information encountered during the performance of job duties.
- Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple tasks simultaneously combined with ability to effectively prioritize.
- Typical hospital clinical environment with frequent standing and walking.
- Work may be subject to interruptions and occasional high stress levels.
- Risk for occupational exposure to blood and other potentially infectious, electrical and radiation hazards.
- Works with protected health information.
- Works in close proximity to patients and visitors.
- Requires ability to work any shift, occasional extended hours, holidays and/or weekends based on the needs of the department.
- May be required to float to different units based on hospital census.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ACTIVITIES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Requires standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling to provide patient care and to utilize patient care devices necessary to perform duties in a safe manner.
- Use of computers and other standard office equipment.
- Requires pushing workstation on wheels to patient rooms.
- Requires lifting supplies and equipment typically found in clinical patient care areas.
- Operates equipment typically found in patient rooms.
- Must assist patients with mobility both in and out of bed.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Marion General Hospital is a smoke-free environment.
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 07:43:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply