- Communication skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Documentation review
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
The Patient Engagement Research team works to inspire patient voice in research across medical and scientific affairs.
This co-op will support the strategy and operations of the Patient Engagement Research team.
Key activities include:
- Provide project management support across 6 therapeutic area research activities.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data sets and synthesize key themes.
- Support literature search and publications planning.
- Create communications and support slide development to drive awareness of patient insights including “Success Stories” and executive summaries for presentations.
- Create and maintain administrative documents that capture clinical and demographic diversity of our patient advisors.
- Support growing portfolio and other strategic areas in patient engagement.
This role may also support other project management activities, as needed.
- Candidates should be pursuing a graduate degree in public health, health policy, life sciences, epidemiology, economics, biomedical sciences, health services research, pharmacy, or related area of study
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an accredited college
- Candidates should have good communication skills and a strong interest in Medical Affairs, Medical and Scientific strategies, outcomes research, real-world evidence, and pharmaceutical industry
- Flexible self-starter with excellent networking and team building capabilities required.
- Ability to balance multiple and complex tasks and effectively perform in a matrix environment required.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel required. Candidates must demonstrate efficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent resident
- A minimum 3.0 GPA is preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.