- Employee stock purchase plan
- Health insurance
- Disability insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Tuition reimbursement
- Office experience
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Patient Financial Counselor? At Trident Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Trident Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Financial Counselor like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service in conjunction with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff.
- Provide estimates to patients and/or physicians as requested.
- Generate insurance verification and precertification reports daily and follow up with case management and insurance verification departments as appropriate.
- Utilize eligibility systems, on-line websites or phone calls to determine insurance benefits and precertification requirements.
- Assist patients with payment arrangements and in co-ordination with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff assists patient with financial applications.
- Contact patient employer, if necessary, for verification of employment, premium status, etc.
- Escalate any concerns as needed to Cancer Center Coordinator/Cancer Center Director.
- Enter pertinent insurance information into the HIS system (i.e. Meditech). Enters appropriate notes for all patient encounters.
- Maintain professional image and implement excellent customer service to customers.
- Complete financial analysis informs patients of estimated patient liabilities.
- Follow up with patients for necessary signatures if they were incomplete at time of hospitalization
Qualifications – External
High School Diploma or GED required.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, computer or clinical related science preferred
Experience in Oncology or Infusion in preferred
Customer Services, computer, and strong communication skills are highly preferred
Front office skills such as faxing, pre-authorization for testing, and phone skills are highly preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Trident Medical Center is a 400+ bed acute-care facility located in South Carolina’s Lowcountry, and is part of the national HCA Healthcare network. Our hospital’s services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Health is consistently named as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety by The Joint Commission.
At Trident Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our Charleston community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Good people beget good people.”- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Patient Financial Counselor opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.