University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Patient Financial Services Coordinator II – Hospital Billing
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00027234
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Rev Cycle – Hospital Billing
Location/s: Central Billing Office-Clinton
Job Title: Patient Financial Services Coordinator II – Hospital Billing
Job Summary: To perform intermediate patient financial service functions such as billing, follow up, receiving and reviewing correspondence, reviewing third-party and patient billing, and review and resolution of billing questions, register and schedule patients, ensure proper data integrity for patient demographics and billing. Ensures financial success for University of Mississippi Medical Center through diligent approach to work and attention to detail.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or GED required. Three (3) years of revenue cycle experience. Intermediate Knowledge of third party insurance plans
Knowledge of ICD-10 /HCPCS/CPT Coding
Familiarity with medical terminology
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Intermediate knowledge of medical claims processing. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Intellectual capacity to understand and analyze complex payer guidelines and proper billing regulations. Demonstrated analytical skills to discover root cause of errors and properly correct. Good verbal and written communication skills. Maintains professional standards. Effective organizational skills. Basic computer skills, including but not limited to proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and basic data entry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
- Intermediate knowledge of revenue cycle functions
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to read, write, type, and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to work independently to effectively and efficiently perform assigned duties
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills, and proven ability to work effectively with others
- Duties may include but are not limited to core revenue cycle functions such as, billing, claims filing, data entry, charge entry, insurance follow up, denial management, payment posting, customer service, registration, scheduling, prior authorization, and billing records review.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Focuses daily on complying with policies, processes and department guidelines for assigned revenue cycle duties.
- : Prepares and submits clean claims to insurance companies either electronically or by paper in an accurate, timely and compliant manner.
- : Has a basic understanding of payer guidelines related to claim submission; is knowledgeable and proficient with payer websites and other useful resources pertaining to revenue cycle functions.
- Works assigned reports, work-lists, and patient accounts.
- Collaborates with management and co-workers in an open and positive manner.
- Contributes to a positive working environment
- Performs any other assigned duties since the duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Environmental and Physical Demands:
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional working hours beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, no activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced is subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting/carrying up to 10 pounds, occasional lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds, occasional lifting/carrying up to 75 pounds, occasional lifting/carrying up to100 pounds, no lifting/carrying 100 pounds or more, no climbing, no crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling,occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting,frequent standing,occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (Occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 03/9/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Clinton, MS
Job date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 08:44:25 GMT
Click Here To Apply