University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Patient Services Coordinator II – Cancer Center-Radiation Oncology
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00029164
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Radiation Oncology-Staff
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Patient Services Coordinator II – Cancer Center-Radiation Oncology
Job Summary: To perform a variety of patient services financial support activities. To provide a range of intake and associated administrative services pertaining to patients being admitted to the hospital or receiving outpatient services by obtaining demographic, insurance, and medical information and collecting co-pays and deposits.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma/GED and two (2) years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of patient registration procedures and documentation. Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and documentation. Knowledge of patient care charts and histories. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records. Interpersonal and customer service skills. Verbal and written communication skills.
- Reviews encounter form (billing sheet) for accuracy and conformance to compliance policies; provides point of service charge entry and payment posting; collects payments, maintains cash drawer, prepares daily cash reports; balances daily cash received to patient and batch encounter forms.
- Interviews patients to obtain demographic and insurance information necessary for medical record identification and bill processing; inputs patient registration information into computer registrati0n system and verifies accuracy of information.
- Provides accurate patient, medical, financial, or procedural information to patients or approved outside entities as directed.
- Discusses financial arrangements and issues with patients and/or family members.
- Facilitates patient and information flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport, answering incoming telephone calls, and providing clerical support.
- Collaborates in the training of new employees; serves as the work lead for the patient services area of clinic as directed.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, constant sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 05/22/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Wed, 24 May 2023 06:28:44 GMT
Click Here To Apply